The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by muffingg
Go and download the Ahmadiyya Qur'an App and look those verses up. I don't know what Qur'an you're reading or where you got those translations from but they do not correspond to the truth whatsoever.

I'm assuming you got this from an anti Islam website and if I wanted to learn about Christianity, would I go to a church or ask an anti Christian about it?

I can't quote here as I'm on my phone and it wouldn't let me copy, but the actual translation is completely different from what you're fabricating here.

now i own an actual copy and so will qoute the whole verse. my version is the saheed international version given to me by ThatMuslimGuy
8:12
[remember] when your lord inspired to the angels "i am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip"

he's correct that verse does say that

now onto 9:23
o you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have prefered disbelief over belief. and whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Ok he has the verse wrong mainly the number as he means version 9:123 not 23
O you who have believed, fight against those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshnes. and know that allah is with the righteous

So he had the right qoute he just misnumbered the verse silly him.

so no the translations are not fabricated
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 381
Islam is not a race okay you can't just ban muslims , they come in all shapes and forms, white, black, brown etc...
Original post by DeathGuardElite
now i own an actual copy and so will qoute the whole verse. my version is the saheed international version given to me by ThatMuslimGuy
8:12
[remember] when your lord inspired to the angels "i am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip"

he's correct that verse does say that

now onto 9:23
o you who have believed, do not take your fathers or your brothers as allies if they have prefered disbelief over belief. and whoever does so among you - then it is those who are the wrongdoers.

Ok he has the verse wrong mainly the number as he means version 9:123 not 23
O you who have believed, fight against those adjacent to you of the disbelievers and let them find in you harshnes. and know that allah is with the righteous

So he had the right qoute he just misnumbered the verse silly him.

so no the translations are not fabricated

The translations aren't fabricated, they're erroneous. Of course they aren't fabricated! Muslims have been using verses containing incorrectly redefined words in the quran, which caused their entire meanings to change to justify aggressive invasion, discrimination, cultural assimilation, misogyny, and more for a thousand years. This is why the translations are erroneous - words were intentionally incorrectly redefined over the centuries after Muhammad's death.

The difference between 'then' and 'now' is that back then, all of these would exist at different strengths - during some periods there would be less misogyny (university of al Qarawiyyin founded by muslim woman in morocco), or less cultural assimilation (persians weren't 100% arabised for instance, maintain their identity), or less imperialism (a few slightly more republican states existed briefly) but now, since all of these are being followed 'together', the overall precedent of a historicall false version of Muhammad includes all of them.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Only 50%

But you were born in England were you not?

You really do come across as an ignorant racist bigot.

How you must hate your parents for letting you be born here

And despise the nhs for keeping you alive

I'm a racist? News to me. I'm Syrian and part Italian. I was born here but that doesn't make me a native of the land. I still look ethnic. I didn't know I couldn't say I was from Syria. You talk about racism when you've demonstrated it countless of time when trolling threads about Muslims and ethnic minorities. No,thank god for the NHS and amazing doctors we have!
Original post by queen-bee
It all links back to the west and instability in the region

Do you think that it was just for the ethnic arabs to force the people of the levant to give up their Israelite and Phoenician identities and be assimilated into the arab culture to the point that very few of you still know who you were before it? To me it just sounds like the Arabs were copying the Byzantine Romans whom the took the levantine territory from in the first place.
What the arabs did to Iraq, the Levant, Egypt, and the Berbers was an unforgivable, unislamic act of arab cultural (not ethnic) supremacism, expansionism, imperialism and even fascism. The Quran says (49:13),

"Oh people of humanity, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples that you may learn from one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."
The Quran strongly condemns racism and cultural ostracisation (so long as the norms of the culture to not include injust excesses), promoting that race and culture do not elevate anyone above any other, only righteousness.
Original post by Hasan_Ahmed
Do you think that it was just for the ethnic arabs to force the people of the levant to give up their Israelite and Phoenician identities and be assimilated into the arab culture to the point that very few of you still know who you were before it? To me it just sounds like the Arabs were copying the Byzantine Romans whom the took the levantine territory from in the first place.
What the arabs did to Iraq, the Levant, Egypt, and the Berbers was an unforgivable, unislamic act of arab cultural (not ethnic) supremacism, expansionism, imperialism and even fascism. The Quran says (49:13),

"Oh people of humanity, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples that you may learn from one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted."
The Quran strongly condemns racism and cultural ostracisation (so long as the norms of the culture to not include injust excesses), promoting that race and culture do not elevate anyone above any other, only righteousness.

As a levant Arab,I can safely say I'm comfortable with who I am,some might say I'm not even an Arab and that levants aren't but I don't care. I still consider myself to be one
Absolutely. For decades, Europe have completely ignored the true barbarity of the Qur'an and it is time to wake up. Unfortunately, in every instance that such a point is made, the 'race' card is used.
As a levant Arab,I can safely say I'm comfortable with who I am,some might say I'm not even an Arab and that levants aren't but I don't care. I still consider myself to be one

No, I can understand that. Taking away your arab identity is like telling an english person that they're not anglo-saxon, but anglicised brythonic celts. I'm asking whether you think what was done to your people was just or not - not now, but then.
No, I can understand that. Taking away your arab identity is like telling an english person that they're not anglo-saxon, but anglicised brythonic celts. I'm asking whether you think what was done to your people was just or not - not now, but then.

Perhaps not
Yes, but our government and the EU loves them and will keep letting hundreds of thousands of them in no matter what
Original post by Speedbird189
Absolutely. For decades, Europe have completely ignored the true barbarity of the Qur'an and it is time to wake up. Unfortunately, in every instance that such a point is made, the 'race' card is used.

I'm not sure if you've read the thread up to this point or just the title. A lot of evidence has been cited to show that it isn't the quran itself which is barbaric, but the reinterpretation of its meaning via the intentional redefinition of words by scholars during the 13th and 14th centuries, as well as the production of false, often contradictory historical narrations of muhammad before, during and after that period. I agree with you that the majority of muslims in europe follow an interpretation of the quran which, if they followed properly, they'd all be terrorists. That needs to change, asap. And I agree that using the race issue is ridiculous, because islamic ideologies are exactly that - ideologies, which people -choose- to adhere to and believe in.
The translations aren't fabricated, they're erroneous. Of course they aren't fabricated! Muslims have been using verses containing incorrectly redefined words in the quran, which caused their entire meanings to change to justify aggressive invasion, discrimination, cultural assimilation, misogyny, and more for a thousand years. This is why the translations are erroneous - words were intentionally incorrectly redefined over the centuries after Muhammad's death.

The difference between 'then' and 'now' is that back then, all of these would exist at different strengths - during some periods there would be less misogyny (university of al Qarawiyyin founded by muslim woman in morocco), or less cultural assimilation (persians weren't 100% arabised for instance, maintain their identity), or less imperialism (a few slightly more republican states existed briefly) but now, since all of these are being followed 'together', the overall precedent of a historicall false version of Muhammad includes all of them.

Well all i was trying to do was tell the guy that those verses did exist and the other guy didn't make them up :/

I'd rather refer to myself as German than Anglo-Saxon solely due to my own preference of my pre-Britain ancestors.
Perhaps not

What do you think of the efforts of levantine people who are trying to revive pre-arab cultures and languages while maintaining their christian, muslim and druze religions?
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Well all i was trying to do was tell the guy that those verses did exist and the other guy didn't make them up :/

I'd rather refer to myself as German than Anglo-Saxon solely due to my own preference of my pre-Britain ancestors.

Welp. Ethnically, angles and saxons were both germanic, and during that era there was no 'germany', so descent from all germanic races, including the norse could be called 'german' blood.
I'm a racist? News to me. I'm Syrian and part Italian. I was born here but that doesn't make me a native of the land. I still look ethnic. I didn't know I couldn't say I was from Syria. You talk about racism when you've demonstrated it countless of time when trolling threads about Muslims and ethnic minorities. No,thank god for the NHS and amazing doctors we have!

So you were born here to Syrian/Italian parents and lived in the uk all your life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you think of the efforts of levantine people who are trying to revive pre-arab cultures and languages while maintaining their christian, muslim and druze religions?

Lol I'm not aware of any levant who has ever been interested in doing so. Most of us are content with out new 'arab' identity. But good for them I suppose
Original post by paul514
So you were born here to Syrian/Italian parents and lived in the uk all your life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes habibi
I'm not sure if you've read the thread up to this point or just the title. A lot of evidence has been cited to show that it isn't the quran itself which is barbaric, but the reinterpretation of its meaning via the intentional redefinition of words by scholars during the 13th and 14th centuries, as well as the production of false, often contradictory historical narrations of muhammad before, during and after that period. I agree with you that the majority of muslims in europe follow an interpretation of the quran which, if they followed properly, they'd all be terrorists. That needs to change, asap. And I agree that using the race issue is ridiculous, because islamic ideologies are exactly that - ideologies, which people -choose- to adhere to and believe in.

Good point, I've only read the first couple of pages.
Welp. Ethnically, angles and saxons were both germanic, and during that era there was no 'germany', so descent from all germanic races, including the norse could be called 'german' blood.

Yeah you get a problem there, my ancestors weren't just from the saxon kingdoms but i also have nordic ancestors as well. in any case i prefer to use the modern term as i feel i have more in common with the Germans than the Britons
Yes habibi

Yet by your own definition you're a Syrian Arab not just a British woman.

#systematicoftheproblem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending