The Student Room Group

Your top 3 RPG games of all time?

1) Skyrim. Hands down. Bethesda did a beautiful job. I play it on PC and have modded it to the max. Over 150 hours of gametime.

2) Fable Franchise (1,2,3). I don't give a hoot about the Fables that followed 3. All three games were incredible and got me hooked. I've played the games over 4 to 6 times.

3) Oblivion. Another Elder Scrolls. I was considering Bioshock, but Oblivion beats it imo.

Scroll to see replies

Would you consider GTA V an rpg?
(edited 8 years ago)
Ahhhhh i feel that this is a real hard question to answer tbf because I always forget one I really like 😂😂 but yeh I reckon I agree with Skyrim, I just loved the open world and freedom of it I've just spent countless hours walking round the map 😂
I think that bioshock would probably be second because the actual gameplay is just 👌👌
Not entirely sure what I'd put third o don't think it would be fable but that would definitely be in my top ten (fable 2 was the best imo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Skyrim
My top 2:

1) Borderlands 2. Absolutely loved it, WHAT AN AMAZING GAME.

2) Mass Effect 3.
Original post by Cold 187um
My top 2:

2) Mass Effect 3.

Urgh Mass Effect 3. Although I respect your choices, I feel Mass Effect 3 was a major let down. The ending was abysmal!
1. Dark Souls - imo the best game ever made
2. Morrowind (Skyrim is very close)
3. Final Fantasy XII - first rpg i got really into and put over 100 hours into
Original post by ClitYeastWood
Urgh Mass Effect 3. Although I respect your choices, I feel Mass Effect 3 was a major let down. The ending was abysmal!

I wouldn't have any idea about the ending as I've only played the single player mode for a couple of hours :smile: apparently the Citadel DLC makes up for the unsatisfactory ending (so I am told). Or maybe it's one of the other add-ons, I'm not sure.

The rest if the game was really good though. Honestly imo the ending to 3 was the only bad moment in the entire series and it wasnt even that bad. Just a little lacklustre
I wouldn't have any idea about the ending as I've only played the single player mode for a couple of hours :smile: apparently the Citadel DLC makes up for the unsatisfactory ending (so I am told). Or maybe it's one of the other add-ons, I'm not sure.

If you manage to get to the end one day, be prepared... you'll have the "Is that it?" face :biggrin:

Original post by Zargabaath
The rest if the game was really good though. Honestly imo the ending to 3 was the only bad moment in the entire series and it wasnt even that bad. Just a little lacklustre

Don't get me wrong I loved the trilogy... I just hated the ending. It was a major disappointment. I spent the rest of the day going over how **** it was :lol:

I have high hopes for the 4th instalment.... it better not hurt me.
1) Skyrim. Hands down. Bethesda did a beautiful job. I play it on PC and have modded it to the max. Over 150 hours of gametime.

2) Fable Franchise (1,2,3). I don't give a hoot about the Fables that followed 3. All three games were incredible and got me hooked. I've played the games over 4 to 6 times.

3) Oblivion. Another Elder Scrolls. I was considering Bioshock, but Oblivion beats it imo.

Fable 2 :love:

The feels were strong for that game

AND Skyrim asfjsd;job;sb;s`bg;rdbv;gjdsb;kdrgjb;k *orgasms*
My top 2:

2) Mass Effect 3.

really? I loved BL1 and bought all the DLCs but when I bought BL2 I was pretty unimpressed and never even finished the campaign - huh... :lol: maybe I had unrealistic expectations?
Fallout New Vegas
Knights of the Old Republic 2
Diablo 3: RoS
Reply 14
Deus Ex
Mass Effect
Don't get me wrong I loved the trilogy... I just hated the ending. It was a major disappointment. I spent the rest of the day going over how **** it was :lol:

I have high hopes for the 4th instalment.... it better not hurt me.

Im so hyped for the new Mass Effect. Although i am wary cus its EA.
I felt genuinely sad for Shepard at the end of my trilogy playthrough, even though the explanation was kinda crappy, her sacrifice after everything she went through hit me like a ton of bricks.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat

I cried in both Fable 2 and 3... I could never have handled killing Elise, so I always spared her.

Skyrim is just perfect. Are you on PC too?
Original post by Schrödingers Cat

I hated fable 2 for several reasons
1) the hype and ambiguous/superficial promises lead to disappointment, no matter how fun it was
2) it is ultimately a watered down and stunted version of a game like oblivion with limited options and choices (imo)
3) the loading screens could kiss my ass...it *really* took the player out of the game each time they were expected to wait like 20 seconds just to go to a level which was essentially a little hill path road with nothing there
4) the glitchiness was real
5) graphics kinda stunk, right?
1) Plumber comes round and takes sex as payment for looking at her pipes
2) Postman comes round and says his "parcel" is too big for her "letterbox" - she wants to test that theory
3) Teacher punishes student for saying arse by making her take it up there

My ex and I used to love those Role Playing Games.

ain't no ****in' with this behemoth of a game^ one of the best games of all time, of all time! *drops mic*
:judge: it is decided: pokemon red/blue (and yellow) are the best RPGs. no more questions. end of story. case closed. k baiii! *closes door and locks it behind him* *throws away the key*
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest