The Student Room Group

What's the first thing you're going to do when you finish your last exam?

It's Friday :woo:

You've been revising hard all week and Friday's are supposed to be happy days. I want us to put ourselves in the future. You've just put the pen down, your last exam has finished and in a few minutes you are going to go out into the sunshine and be free for summer.

Imagine that scenario today and tell us:

What's the first thing you're going to do when you finish your last exam this summer?
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Let's get the positive thoughts going today :smile:

TSRHalfTerm

(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Evil Homer

You've been revising hard all week and Friday's are supposed to be happy days. I want us to put ourselves in the future. You've just put the pen down, your last exam has finished and in a few minutes you are going to go out into the sunshine and be free for summer.

What's the first thing you're going to do when you finish your last exam this summer?

First thing I'm doing is crying out of relief lol, but the top of my to do list is on my calendar to emphasise how much this needs to be done; I'm going to clean my room. Revision has completely taken it over and I can barely walk around the half that my desk is in, since the floor is just cluttered with sheets upon sheets of revision materials and exam questions. It will be such a relief to have it all gone, all my notes dumped in the bin (or saved to give to my friend in the year bellow) and finally have space to walk around comfortably :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AmeenahHs
First thing I'm doing is crying out of relief lol, but the top of my to do list is on my calendar to emphasise how much this needs to be done; I'm going to clean my room. Revision has completely taken it over and I can barely walk around the half that my desk is in, since the floor is just cluttered with sheets upon sheets of revision materials and exam questions. It will be such a relief to have it all gone, all my notes dumped in the bin (or saved to give to my friend in the year bellow) and finally have space to walk around comfortably :smile:

I honestly cannot wait to declutter after my exams. My shelves are practically bowing under the weight of revision books and course folders! I will finally be able to navigate my desk again in preparation for my A-levels, which will allow me to destress as well (seeing as having sheets everywhere has been playing on my mind recently). Having more room on my shelves will give way for new books and art supplies too, without destroying them in the process as I am now. It's just going to ease the weight over my shoulders not having to see such a constant mess! My room will finally be my own again, and not just a reminder of sheer exam panic. Good luck with decluttering!

Taking my little brother to watch Fast X and get my summer bucket list going. Gonna declutter my room and get my life in order.
Reply 5
Original post by K.online.
I honestly cannot wait to declutter after my exams. My shelves are practically bowing under the weight of revision books and course folders! I will finally be able to navigate my desk again in preparation for my A-levels, which will allow me to destress as well (seeing as having sheets everywhere has been playing on my mind recently). Having more room on my shelves will give way for new books and art supplies too, without destroying them in the process as I am now. It's just going to ease the weight over my shoulders not having to see such a constant mess! My room will finally be my own again, and not just a reminder of sheer exam panic. Good luck with decluttering!

Yes same! I hear my bookshelf and desk creaking but there's simply no time to clear it without sacrificing revision time. Good Luck too!
Reply 6
Same, decluttering but first and foremost, tearing off my exam timetable which I stuck on the wall! I’ve been highlighting the exams I’ve done as I go and I just can’t wait to remove all the sheets on my walls :biggrin:
Reply 7

I'm shredding EVERYTHING!
Reply 8
Original post by JA03
Taking my little brother to watch Fast X and get my summer bucket list going. Gonna declutter my room and get my life in order.

What's on your bucket list? I need some ideas to fill the void of time between those 11 weeks before college. Having such an extended break is both relieving and daunting! I have no idea where to begin. All I know so far is that I want to focus on my art progress, as well as studying psychology to keep my brain ticking over in the meanwhile. I physically cannot go that long without doing some form of study!!
Something with a percentage on the back of the bottle should do the trick

:flute:

(Provided you're 18 of course)
Reply 10

Definitely clean my room. Its so messy at the moment. I want to redecorate over the summer and get my life organised again.
Reply 11
Original post by AmeenahHs
Yes same! I hear my bookshelf and desk creaking but there's simply no time to clear it without sacrificing revision time. Good Luck too!

One of these days I fear my shelf is just going to collapse inwards on itself. Alternatively I'm contemplating keeping a section of the shelf empty so that I can insert a mirror in there, with room to spread my makeup items out. Over the break, I intend to practise my cosplay makeup. That being said, I have all the essentials, but no vanity. My desk is strictly a place of work/where I occasionally sit to draw, so it isn't made for that purpose truthfully. Equally, I hate standing at the mirror in my wardrobe whilst trying to keep steady (meanwhile struggling with eyeliner). I just need a space to sit that isn't cluttered or occupied!!
Reply 12
Original post by Ashirs
Same, decluttering but first and foremost, tearing off my exam timetable which I stuck on the wall! I’ve been highlighting the exams I’ve done as I go and I just can’t wait to remove all the sheets on my walls :biggrin:

It will be so rewarding to eventually see everything highlighted at long last! I cannot wait to just rid of my exam timetable, although I might recommend a similar structure for next year's GCSE takers as I have found mine beneficial to my study. Maybe you should consider doing the same! There exams might be in a different order, but overall it might prove useful. Have fun decluttering!
Reply 13
I finish on Monday so as soon as I’m done I’m having drinks with my friends and going home to sleep. Like most people said I’m gonna also redecorate my room
Reply 14
Original post by tigerbite
I'm shredding EVERYTHING!

Unless they're good revision resources! You never know who might benefit from it. If you have any younger siblings, it might be advantageous for them. If not, you can always create a forum for the 2024 exam takers and share any links/photos to/of your resources, as I am sure it would be helpful to them too. If not, happy shredding!

The first thing i am going to do is obtain a fresh hair cut, gather my emotions, travel to my nearest ancient forest and take a 10 second long exhale as i breath in the fresh air and reconnect with nature.
Reply 16
Original post by Cloudster
I finish on Monday so as soon as I’m done I’m having drinks with my friends and going home to sleep. Like most people said I’m gonna also redecorate my room

All of our rooms have suffered from exam preparation. I think a lot of us need a new space to call our own which doesn't serve as a reminder for exam stress. Changing up the environment will allow most of us to breathe again.
Reply 17
Original post by K.online.
Unless they're good revision resources! You never know who might benefit from it. If you have any younger siblings, it might be advantageous for them. If not, you can always create a forum for the 2024 exam takers and share any links/photos to/of your resources, as I am sure it would be helpful to them too. If not, happy shredding!

I'm the last sibling 😂 and my resources are literally assignments from tutors
Reply 18
Original post by BarineMiologist
The first thing i am going to do is obtain a fresh hair cut, gather my emotions, travel to my nearest ancient forest and take a 10 second long exhale as i breath in the fresh air and reconnect with nature.

You could always scream instead of exhale. I'm sure the birds won't mind.
Reply 19
Original post by tigerbite
I'm the last sibling 😂 and my resources are literally assignments from tutors

PAIN. I'm an only child so my resources/books will just be sold on or given away to those who might want them. I might just make my own forum with notes if I can find the time. Assignments can be shredded easily. Say bye to the last year of your life. We're finally moving on to bigger and better things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending