The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SJJ97
Social policy is what different policies the governments put in place to prevent/ spot crime

Oh I see, thanks. I hope that doesn't come up
Reply 801
How do you guys structure the 33 Markers for Beliefs? Like for example:

" Assess the view that religion is a major source of instability and conflict in society today " -

Would you do 2 For and then 2 against or 4 points For, and just evaluate them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone got notes on everything we must know for unit 3 and 4 exam, that they are able to send me.

i am doing Crime and Deviance with Theory and Methods and beliefs in society.

thanks in advance
Original post by gkgs
How do you guys structure the 33 Markers for Beliefs? Like for example:

" Assess the view that religion is a major source of instability and conflict in society today " -

Would you do 2 For and then 2 against or 4 points For, and just evaluate them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the intro i'd do a bit of background with a piece of contemporary evidence (Daesh), for, against, for, against, semi-ambiguous conclusion
I think by globalisation they are refering to postmodernity and modernity ect

Original post by thecatwithnohat
In theory and methods? :/ there's no section on globalisation except for the 21 markers and methods in context... It is a possibility in the beliefs paper those as the user above me has already said :h:
Original post by Uw0tm8_
Can someone help me with 'Can and should sociology be a science?'

this is what i have, (idk if its correct though my teacher is rubbish)
Can sociology be a science?
Yes
> Comte
> Durkheim
> Marxism, functionalism
> Positivist
No
> Popper
> Kuhn
> Feminist
> Post modernists
> Interpretivists

Should sociology be a science?
Yes
> Positivists
No
> Interpretivist
> Feminist
> Post modernist
> Weber verstehen ethnomethodological

Realist triangulation middle ground

Looks good to me really - youv mentioned everything i would and my tteacher is really good!!
Original post by smaviyaamjad
Looks good to me really - youv mentioned everything i would and my tteacher is really good!!

Oh that's a relief, thank youu
this link wont work but would love it if you made a seperate page for this!!
Original post by rm_27
HEY GUYS, FOR ANYONE DOING MASS MEDIA FOR UNIT 1, CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR AN ONLINE CHAT!! I know there isn't many of us, since the majority studying Sociology are doing Religion, but it gives us a chance to discuss through each of the topics, key sociologists, and construct plans for essays...together!

Plus...mocks.:colonhash:

Spoiler

>>>>> https://us19.chatzy.com/77086227805702 <<<<<

hi , this link doesn't work for me!would be good idea to make a separate page!
we've been given a list of potential questions that haven't yet been asked; how would u answer "assess the extent to which theories of modernity are relevant to understanding contemporary society" would you talk about post modernity, late modernity and marxist theories of postmodernity? and do u need to do big points on modernist theories like functionalism, marxism etc or just use them as small evaluation points to compare them
I really struggle on the 33 markers in Crime and Deviance, does anyone know what type of questions can come up there? Or a list of them? Thanks.

Also, everyone on here seems to be predicting postmodernisim and globalisation for Crime, but my teacher says state crime is very likely.
Reply 811
Original post by SamHewetson
I really struggle on the 33 markers in Crime and Deviance, does anyone know what type of questions can come up there? Or a list of them? Thanks.

Also, everyone on here seems to be predicting postmodernisim and globalisation for Crime, but my teacher says state crime is very likely.

State crime will link in with globalisation and postmodernism is likely for the theory and methods topic on the crime paper
Reply 812
Has anyone got any predictions of what will come up in the theory and methods with crime paper and the beliefs paper? Thankyou!!!
Original post by Wendikorb
we've been given a list of potential questions that haven't yet been asked; how would u answer "assess the extent to which theories of modernity are relevant to understanding contemporary society" would you talk about post modernity, late modernity and marxist theories of postmodernity? and do u need to do big points on modernist theories like functionalism, marxism etc or just use them as small evaluation points to compare them

what topic is that lol?
does anyone have any notes on ethnicity and crime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS Grade: A
A2 Personal Target Grade: A*
Topics studying*: Beliefs + Crime and Deviance
Original post by Wendikorb

I wouls talk about everything you mentioned then to theories of modern theories are still relecelent in 2016 e.g. postmodernsit say no
My teacher said for crime and deviance to get above 17/18 in an essay you need to include current examples, and to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to thin of one for every topic. So i was thinking maybe we could put a list together on here?
Loads of examples for state crime! I don't think they need to be "current" though
Also; someone please help, I have no idea how to structure a Postmodernism, Modernism and Globalisation essay if it comes up as the Theory and Methods question in Crime and Deviance

Latest

Trending

Trending