The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
The paper which got stollen last year... Do you think they could just give us that one?
Original post by SJJ97
Wouldn't they just use that paper then??

I don't think so, it's too obvious, as everyone knows what the questions were. But I could be wrong.
Original post by vatohai
AS Grade: B
A2 Personal Target Grade: A
Topics studying*: Beliefs in Society + Crime and Deviance

These are my predictions for the beliefs in society paper:

- Secularisation (what it is etc)
- Evaluation of whether religion is a force for change or a constructive force (I've had a strong gut feeling about this one for a while now)
- Religious Organisations
- There may also be a chance of Science and Ideology - low chance that it will come up as a long answer question but since its the last paper they may wanna throw us off, plus it could come up as a shorter question so its better to revise it a bit and get those ez marks :biggrin::biggrin:

Thank you!

How are you revising? I swear nothing is going in to my head this year. :s-smilie:
Hi, does anyone know where I can find last year papers which got stolen for beliefs and crime ? thanks
Original post by FireflyGirl96
Thank you!

How are you revising? I swear nothing is going in to my head this year. :s-smilie:

Sameeee
Reply 845
What was in last years stollen paper?
Original post by SJJ97
What was in last years stollen paper?

Victims
Marxism
Action theories
Reply 847
Original post by nicoleemmak
Victims
Marxism
Action theories

Do you think they could give us that paper this year?
anyone got predictions for mass media?
Original post by SJJ97
Do you think they could give us that paper this year?

They could possibly try (though not certain) to use one of the topics that was in the stolen paper, because I'm sure many people are thinking 'nah, won't need to revise these topics since it already came up'
Ok so I'm really freaking out that age and crime may come up, I've seen a couple of peoples plans using miller, matza and cohen, however i do not know how to link them specifically to age. Please help
Reply 851
For the method and beliefs everyone is saying that sociology and science is really likely but that came up in 2013?
How do you set out your theory perspective questions?
Do you do it like theory perspective on
- Family
- Education/health
- Global development... (etc)
- Crime

If so.. can I see how you have written it out as an essay? I'm struggling a lot with interactionist perspective on society ..aswell as postmodernism because there's too many gaps. I can't find what postmodernism say about crime, global etc. Nor can I find what interactionist say about global, education/health
Reply 853
Does any one have any good evaluation points for Religion and Global Development i.e: Nanda and Hinduism leading to development/ Berger and Pentacostalism/ Tiger Economies ect; I feel like this will be the 18 marker and at the moment i don't have enough A02- also any contemprorary examples?
Reply 854
Original post by SJJ97
Please can someone help with the structure of a modern, postmodern essay for theory and beliefes

hi!
for the theory essay on globalisation modernity ect the structure that my teacher gave us is as follows:

the questions is likely to be Society has now entered a postmodern age and we need new theories to understand it:

introdcution: Outline your argument (what ever the question is askig you and say that this is what you are going to discuss in your essay)
Then define key concepts i .e postmodernity/postmodernims modernity the enlightment project globalisation global culture global pathways media ect

Part 1 You discuss changes in society: Society has now enetered a new postmodern age;
- Modernity was...talk about the Enlightment Project of 19th Century/ Industralisation development of rational thinking the age of metannartives such as science/ technology
Modernity is characterised by;
One Nation State/ Capitalism/ Rationality/Individualism ( this is in the text book AQA Keith Trobe)
- Then you explain globalisation and how that changed society/institution
You talk about Economic changes/ Technological changes/ Political changes/ Cultural and identity changes (once again this is discusses in the textbook- my teacher said that in order to get 28-33 marks you HAVE TO GIVE CONTEMPRORARY examples to illustrate those changes e.g for Cultural and identity changes you could talk about sexuality and how it's no longer hetro/hom/bi but now we have sexulaities such as transgender, pansexual, asexual ect and this emphasises the choice that we have/ it demonstrates a change to mdernity because in postmodernity we have relative knowledge no meta narratives ect. this is part of identity politics,

Part 2; Then you discuss theories of postmodernity- yes society has entered a new postmodern age and we need new theory (postmodernism) to understannd it
Explain Postmodernist theories
Foucalt-there is no objective knowledge
Lyotard metanarratives outdates
Baudrillard- media and consumerism hyperreality

Part 3 Evaluation no society has not etered a postmodern era it is just a later stage of modernity and we do not need new theories to understand it
Late Modernity- Giddens latest stage of capitalism
Marxism and their crticism of Postmodernity

Conclusion
Who do you agree with- Postmod or Theories of Late Mod or Marxists
Why do you agree with them
Why are others wrong
because it's a theory question the conclusion has to assess the strengths/weaknesses of the theory yo cannot sit on the fence a say that all theories are equally important because you're not really assessing and you can get past 25 marks
ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!
Original post by Eryka
Does any one have any good evaluation points for Religion and Global Development i.e: Nanda and Hinduism leading to development/ Berger and Pentacostalism/ Tiger Economies ect; I feel like this will be the 18 marker and at the moment i don't have enough A02- also any contemprorary examples?

I honestly think that this would be enough, in the book there is this questions with a little bit underneath that says examiners advice, and it just says to use the examples you said, then talk about cultural defence, fundamentalism and clash of civilisations.
I don't think so, it's too obvious, as everyone knows what the questions were. But I could be wrong.

what was the questions?
Reply 857
Can someone put up essay plans for the questions they predict are going to come??
Im finding it really hard to plan an essay for globalisation for theory and methods :frown:
Thanks in advance.
Reply 858
Hi! I was looking at the spec and I'm worried my teacher's left little bits out (he's been off loads) so I was wondering how do people organise their notes for the theory and methods section? Do you do notes on each of the perspectives, then sociology as a science/ value/ sociology but I have no idea where to start for methods! I want to make the notes for each methods specified to crime but I'm just really unsure about the best way to start!!
Victims
Marxism
Action theories

Thank you !
Was that for unit 4 ? and what about unit 3

Latest

Trending

Trending