The Student Room Group

Pharmacist was an absolute ****ing tool

Went to the pharmacy 5 minutes before closing time, pharmacist says the shop was closed even though there were still customers being served. I needed to get some medicine. It's concerning as hell, surely they could have served me since the sign on the door said 5pm and it was 4.55pm.

What if I really needed that medicine and could have died without it?

#needtovent
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
Went to the pharmacy 5 minutes before closing time, pharmacist says the shop was closed even though there were still customers being served. I needed to get some medicine. It's concerning as hell, surely they could have served me since the sign on the door said 5pm and it was 4.55pm.

#needtovent

Ring up their manager and complain; that should stop behaviour like that in future

#needtovent

pharmacists are getting ****ed on a daily basis, let them have their sad lives atm.
Reply 3
It was not even 5 to, it was like 7 minutes to, to be pedantic. Imagine if every Boots store did the same thing, they would lose so much money. It's just because some jumped up jobby decided to have some extra time off.
Reply 4
Get there on time you fool. :colonhash:
Reply 5
Original post by Rk2k14
Get there on time you fool. :colonhash:

Oh, how about they actually follow their own closing times. How about that?
Reply 6
Original post by Rk2k14
If people were already in the store and you entered with a few minutes before closing time, then the chances of you being served past the closing time is very likely, hence why they didn't let you in:wink:

What? Like 2 people? It was a small local Boots store. Idgaf, I am phoning up to complain and twittering this ****.
I get that you're annoyed

But this thread is just calling out for people to challenge you on why you didnt get there earlier.
Reply 8
Original post by ATLHustler
I get that you're annoyed

But this thread is just calling out for people to challenge you on why you didnt get there earlier.

Well. the store should clearly specify it actually closes near enough 10 minutes before what it says on the door then.
Original post by Rk2k14
If people were already in the store and you entered with a few minutes before closing time, then the chances of you being served past the closing time is very likely, hence why they didn't let you in:wink:

This.
And also depending on what you're buying or handing in a prescription, that takes time to handle too.

Although something similar happened to me too once. I went to the pharmacy 30 minutes before closing time and I needed to have a private consultation with pharmacist. Consultations take around 5-20 minutes depending on what the issue is. Anyway, because of her attitude and reluctancy to speak to me, I decided to ask a million and one questions about every single thing she said to me. What could have been 5 minutes, I made into 20 muahahahahaha
Well. the store should clearly specify it actually closes near enough 10 minutes before what it says on the door then.

Take that up with the store then, and not me. :3
Reply 11

Kind of an unspoken rule.

Let it go Tommy:wink:.
If, when I worked at Tesco we let customers in at 5 to 11 at night, in order to buy some fags, the pharmacist should definitely have let you in 7 to 5 for your medication.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Kind of an unspoken rule.

Let it go Tommy:wink:.

No it's not an unspoken rule. No company should ever refuse a customer before its official closing time, especially for something concerning healthcare.
Reply 14
There are out-of-hours pharmacies that you can go to if your case is mildly urgent. If it's extremely urgent you could have gone to A&E or notified your pharmacist. Don't be a drama queen, you would not have died.

Quick Reply

Latest