The Student Room Group

Facebook REMOVE Britain First "Christian Patrol" Video.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't think their freedom of speech is being infringed upon, facebook has guidelines and rules moderating posts. If you want to express something that doesn't agree with the guidelines, go somewhere else to post your crap!! Just because you're saying something doesn't mean everyone else has to listen!!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It is truly horrible. I hate going there and never again will I ever go there. It's not nice walking down the street there and being called a "kuffar" and idolater and then being called a slut just for not covering my hair.

I remember when my ex Muslim friend went there, some men were throwing things at her and her boyfriend and threatening to kill her. All because she had left Islam for another religion.

Religion of peace right there.

It is called the religion of peace yet my friend who left the religion was shunned and attacked by family and the large Islamic local population. You can't even leave, even after being forced from birth.
Original post by TSRFT8
Im white and have never had anything said to be. So the actual reason is you are chatting **** to further ignite hatred towards muslims.

LOL, this is probably true
Original post by Oman97
I don't think their freedom of speech is being infringed upon, facebook has guidelines and rules moderating posts. If you want to express something that doesn't agree with the guidelines, go somewhere else to post your crap!! Just because you're saying something doesn't mean everyone else has to listen!!

Why do Islamic groups get to promote intolerance on Facebook then?
I think maybe it's because you're a Muslim. I'm not.

Was it obvious you're Hindu or non-Muslim? I mean the only thing that makes me look "Muslim" is my brown skin. It's just I've seen white/"non-Muslim" looking people walk around there with no problem so I was surprised to hear that.
The irony of a post about censorship that the OP got banned for. LOL
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TSRFT8
Im white and have never had anything said to be. So the actual reason is you are chatting **** to further ignite hatred towards muslims.

Myself and many people I know have had the same experiences. All accounts of people visiting are online. Are we all liars? The many of us? I went there and was constantly asked if I was Muslim. After saying No I was given threatening looks. Why will you not even acknowledge that?
Original post by KimKallstrom
To be fair, Britain First are very sneaky with how they obtain Facebook likes. They would often post content that most people would get on board with such as condensation of animal cruelty or paedophiles. Some people don't look too closely and don't see it's Britain First or perhaps they'd like the post without knowing who Britain First are.

They're notorious for this sort of thing.

You think that is more important than the comments by Islamic extremists in the Video?!?!? Really? These extremists are walking our streets and you are more concerned with Britain first?
Reply 48
Original post by United999
Why do Islamic groups get to promote intolerance on Facebook then?

Maby they shouldn't either mate! If it's hateful and causing offence... Like the Britain first video
I think maybe it's because you're a Muslim. I'm not.

LMAOO How do you even identify a muslim (if they're not wearing a headscarf or any sort of religious clothing) ???
(edited 8 years ago)
I remember when my ex Muslim friend went there, some men were throwing things at her and her boyfriend and threatening to kill her. All because she had left Islam for another religion.

To be fair, by threatening an apostate with death, they're just being good Musims.

Though as another TSR poster pointed out in a thread yesterday, it's mainly just the low class losers who act in that way. Muslims who aren't complete failures don't go in for that sort of thing. I agree with him from my observations.
Original post by Oman97
Maby they shouldn't either mate! If it's hateful and causing offence... Like the Britain first video

Yet these videos/content are still up and have been for a while. One thing for Islam and another for everything else
Original post by The Genghis Khan
Freedom of speech????

Original post by Ayyylmaoo
You condone the violation of freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech is important, but ofc has its limits.
You can't just go insult and offend others and call it freedom of speech for instance.

Besides, all "Britain First" wanted was to cause chaos ..
Original post by throwaway1488
The irony of a post about censorship than the OP got banned for. LOL

LOOL
Original post by FluffyCherry
Freedom of speech is important, but ofc has its limits.
You can't just go insult and offend others and call it freedom of speech for instance.

Besides, all "Britain First" wanted was to cause chaos ..

I agree britain first is provocative, however is it right that the muslims who were approached retaliated in an equally stupid way?

And LOL that's what freedom of speech is for, to defend everything that anyone says, regardless of how "outrageous" it is perceived to be, where do you draw the line seriously lmao.
Original post by Oman97

No it means as a mature adult you should simply ignore it. Grow up.
Original post by TSRFT8
What do you mean "some" people?? Anyone with a IQ above 10 would realise this is racist? 1.3 million facebook fans does not mean they are some global sensation. If you support Britain first you are racist there is no other way around it. How can you expect to be marching through town hurling abuse and not expect people to retaliate, i have not watched this particular video but i have watched clips of their marches and all they seem to do is spark a reaction and use it in their videos to further promote hatred against muslims.

Islam is'nt a race its a religion you can't be racist towards a muslim .... get it right
next thing you know you can be racist towards a commmunist
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't these people have actual jobs? Better yet, don't they have anything productive to do with their time?
Original post by Ayyylmaoo
I agree britain first is provocative, however is it right that the muslims who were approached retaliated in an equally stupid way?

And LOL that's what freedom of speech is for, to defend everything that anyone says, regardless of how "outrageous" it is perceived to be, where do you draw the line seriously lmao.

both parties were equally stupid in the video.
Facebook is a private company.

They're under no obligation to provide a platform for vile racists

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending