The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (8062/ 11-17) - 15th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 exam go for you?

AQA GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (8062/ 11-17) | 15th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 15th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2022-2023
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2023
We hope the exam went well!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

HI Guys ,RS exam starts like in less than 48hrs but I'm preparing now because i haven't been revising Judaism and Christianity forever.so this is me doing last minute revision.Most people tend to not care about rs but i do because i want to make sure I'm getting all A*s everyone subject matters to me tbh.
Can u help me solve this question.
Immanence/Transcendence is the most important belief about God.’
Evaluate this statement.
In your answer you should:
refer to Muslim teaching
give reasoned arguments to support this statement
give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
reach a justified conclusion.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by donebeinginthesh
HI Guys ,RS exam starts like in less than 48hrs but I'm preparing now because i haven't been revising Judaism and Christianity forever.so this is me doing last minute revision.Most people tend to not care about rs but i do because i want to make sure I'm getting all A*s everyone subject matters to me tbh.

same tho fr
i think since its a relatively okay subject in terms of content, i think i'll manage to get a pass :')
Reply 4
Do you have any predictions
heyy everyone, what religions do you study? i do christianity and buddhism :smile:
how are we feeling? prepared? idk why i thought it was a good idea to try and memorise all of the content just a couple of days before the exam but oh well oops
Original post by userwantstolearn
Can u help me solve this question.
Immanence/Transcendence is the most important belief about God.’
Evaluate this statement.
In your answer you should:
refer to Muslim teaching
give reasoned arguments to support this statement
give reasoned arguments to support a different point of view
reach a justified conclusion.

This is the structure I use for 12 mark questions:

Point for the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Reference to Scripture

Point against the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Evaluation

Point for the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Evaluation

Explanation
Further Explanation
Reference to Scripture

Conclusion

(Note that evaluation and reference to scripture can be in any order, but you should have 2 of both)

In summary you should have 4 paragraphs in total and 1 conclusion
Original post by scar-the-queen
heyy everyone, what religions do you study? i do christianity and buddhism :smile:
how are we feeling? prepared? idk why i thought it was a good idea to try and memorise all of the content just a couple of days before the exam but oh well oops

Christianity and Islam. Hopefully it goes well for all of us, Insh'Allah.
my teacher has said that for Christianity we might get a 12 marker or any sort of question on pilgrimages and for judaism we might get a 12 marker on pesach
Reply 9
Has anyone got any predictions for the exam tomorrow.
really hopping pilgrimage dont come up
Reply 10
Original post by Light of Truth

Point for the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Reference to Scripture

Explanation
Further Explanation
Evaluation

Point for the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Evaluation

Explanation
Further Explanation
Reference to Scripture

Conclusion

(Note that evaluation and reference to scripture can be in any order, but you should have 2 of both)

so you don't need to reference scripture for every point??
Original post by raantaaro
so you don't need to reference scripture for every point??

No, and your reference to scripture doesn't have to be an exact word to word quotation, you can paraphrase it. Also, make sure not to use quotation marks if you don't know the exact words of the quotation.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/resources/religious-studies/gcse/religious-studies-b/teach/teaching-guide#:~:text=in%20your%20answer.-,',cite%20references%20in%20their%20answer.
"Any references to religious teachings can be paraphrased, as in other question types. Students don’t need to cite references in their answer. Furthermore, other sources of wisdom & authority such as religious leaders, set prayers, hymns, the Catechism and key religious figures are also creditworthy."
(edited 11 months ago)
i think for beliefs we might get a 12 marker on salvation / which salvation is the most important for a christian
Reply 13
That already came up
at this rate, im more prepped to fail than to even pass RE
Reply 15
Is anyone willing to share a grade 9 RE Aqa Q5 structure with me, so I can be sure I get full marks on those essay questions?
Original post by maryam/
That already came up

yh true but they could phrase it differently, e.g. for the 2022 paper it was 'adult baptism is the most important' or smth like that and they had a 12 marker on believers vs infant in another paper.
but ur right, ig since 2022 had been affected by gcses they went a bit easier on them so it'll probs be something not done before
Follow this structure
1. Intro- should be 2 sentences make ur opinion clear
2.first para- agree with ur opinion by giving a point, explain include a quote for evidence, argue against ur opinion in the same para then counteract it again by concluding with ur original opinion
3.second para- do the same thing but against
4. Conclusion- reinforce ur points (dont rewrite it tho) or make a balance argument but then make sure u end with ur opinion
Original post by ilikehotdogs
i think for beliefs we might get a 12 marker on salvation / which salvation is the most important for a christian

wait what would you write for that?
Original post by sub88n
Is anyone willing to share a grade 9 RE Aqa Q5 structure with me, so I can be sure I get full marks on those essay questions?

Point for the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Reference to Scripture

Explanation
Further Explanation
Evaluation

Point for the statement
Explanation
Further Explanation
Evaluation

Explanation
Further Explanation
Reference to Scripture

Conclusion

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending