The Student Room Group

Article: Revision advice that will get you that A*

Read the article here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=22637-Revision-advice-that-will-get-you-that-A*

What's your advice for super efficient revision?

:cookie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
What type of revision materials should I make for an auditory, kinaesthetic and visual learner?
Original post by Sammy.A
What type of revision materials should I make for an auditory, kinaesthetic and visual learner?

An auditory learner is somebody who learns best from hearing things. If you are good at memorising song lyrics, you are usually in some way an auditory learner. To make revision material for this, try making voice overs on your phone, or see if there are any songs about the subjects you are taking, and listen to them over and over again.

A visual learner is somebody who learns best from seeing things. You understand things by sight. Taking this into account, you could make Flashcards, or colourful mind maps, or even perhaps pictures which in your mind link a certain topic together.

A kinaesthetic learner is somebody who learns best from actually doing something and can recall past practical experiences. So for example, you could use flashcards to play a fact recall game, but the important thing is to study in short bursts because kinaesthetic learners are very 'figitive'.

Nobody is all one learner, for example I am mainly a visual learner, but I am also a kinaesthetic learner too, so I work well by making notes and going over them as I walk around in my room!!
I learn best when i write things down and hilight stuff :smile: also when i want to memorise something then i would say it out loud and test myself :smile:

I find it hard to actually stay focused and not get distracted :frown:
Original post by Sammy.A

what type of learner are you?
cramming is the way to go
Reply 6
Original post by fatima1998
what type of learner are you?

I am am supposed to be visual but I don't see how visual learning helps me hence my original question.
Original post by Sammy.A
I am am supposed to be visual but I don't see how visual learning helps me hence my original question.

i do have a sheet where it gives revision examples for all the learner typeps :u:
Reply 8
Original post by Trojan Horse
cramming is the way to go

That would be so great to have, thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending