Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Article: Revision advice that will get you that A* watch

ReputationRep:
    Read the article here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...et-you-that-A*

What's your advice for super efficient revision?

:cookie:

ReputationRep:
    What type of revision materials should I make for an auditory, kinaesthetic and visual learner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammy.A)
    What type of revision materials should I make for an auditory, kinaesthetic and visual learner?
    An auditory learner is somebody who learns best from hearing things. If you are good at memorising song lyrics, you are usually in some way an auditory learner. To make revision material for this, try making voice overs on your phone, or see if there are any songs about the subjects you are taking, and listen to them over and over again.

A visual learner is somebody who learns best from seeing things. You understand things by sight. Taking this into account, you could make Flashcards, or colourful mind maps, or even perhaps pictures which in your mind link a certain topic together.

A kinaesthetic learner is somebody who learns best from actually doing something and can recall past practical experiences. So for example, you could use flashcards to play a fact recall game, but the important thing is to study in short bursts because kinaesthetic learners are very 'figitive'.

Nobody is all one learner, for example I am mainly a visual learner, but I am also a kinaesthetic learner too, so I work well by making notes and going over them as I walk around in my room!!

ReputationRep:
    I learn best when i write things down and hilight stuff also when i want to memorise something then i would say it out loud and test myself

I find it hard to actually stay focused and not get distracted

ReputationRep:
    what type of learner are you?

ReputationRep:
    cramming is the way to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    what type of learner are you?
    I am am supposed to be visual but I don't see how visual learning helps me hence my original question.

ReputationRep:
    I am am supposed to be visual but I don't see how visual learning helps me hence my original question.
    i do have a sheet where it gives revision examples for all the learner typeps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trojan Horse)
    cramming is the way to go

That would be so great to have, thank you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.