The Student Room Group

Video Interview

Hi, I've got a video interview for the JET 2 Analytics Graduate Trainee (Marketing) position. Has anyone had this and have any idea of what it involves and what sort of questions they will ask. I've never had a video interview before so any general tips would be really helpful too.
Original post by Ems_22
Hi, I've got a video interview for the JET 2 Analytics Graduate Trainee (Marketing) position. Has anyone had this and have any idea of what it involves and what sort of questions they will ask. I've never had a video interview before so any general tips would be really helpful too.

I don't know anything about the position you're applying for, but here are a few general tips for video interviews-

-Try a few calls in advance with whatever software you'll be using. Ask for feedback on the sound quality and how clear the image is, and make sure everything is working as it should be.
-Dress as you would for a face to face interview.
-Find somewhere to sit with a clear, uncluttered background, ideally at a desk or a table.
-Make sure that the lighting won't make you hard to see.
-Allow extra time for the interview in case of technical problems.
-If you haven't already, make sure you have a phone number to contact the company on, just in case there's a problem with your internet on the day.

I hope this helps a bit.
I might add make sure your mum/flat mate/ cat doesn't interrupt, make sure there is nothing rude in the back ground of your shot and smile. Don't look at yourself either look at the camera.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending