The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Got A*, somehow
Got A overall. Not talking about the A* with the hooliganism that went on :K:
A* (290/300 ums in A2 I don't know what happen)
Congratulations everybody
Reply 2383
I got an A. Soooo sad :frown: Missed A*by 13 UMS!!
I'm just gonna ask though, would it be worth re-marking?
Reply 2384
Original post by JoeyTr
Bloody bombed Chemistry in comparison, the boundaries were mad.
A*A*A* in Maths, F. maths and Physics then B in chemistry! 90 (b) in both Unit 4 and Unit 5. Ah well, hope everyone else did well!

Congrats!
Original post by AvWOW
I got an A. Soooo sad :frown: Missed A*by 13 UMS!!
I'm just gonna ask though, would it be worth re-marking?

I missed the A* in Maths by 2 ums, did a remark and stayed the same so unless you're 100% sure it'll get higher then you should

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2386
Original post by PlayerBB
I missed the A* in Maths by 2 ums, did a remark and stayed the same so unless you're 100% sure it'll get higher then you should

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. thank you :smile:
Got an A, 9 ums off an A*

Well done! :smile:

What are your overall grades and how has the day been?
Original post by Ayman!
Well done! :smile:

What are your overall grades and how has the day been?

Thank you and WELL DONE on your A* , you deserve it!!! :h:

My overall Chemistry grade is an A, my overall Bio grade is B, 3ums off an A

at the start, the day was like I am living in a Hell, felt so disappointed, I didn't know what to do and my firm still didn't confirmed my place so I thought everything was gone then I called my firm and they accepted me, It was the happiest moment in my life and I still can't believe it haha

Wbu ? How was your day ? And what are your overall grades, hopefully all A*s ?
Thank you and WELL DONE on your A* , you deserve it!!! :h:

My overall Chemistry grade is an A, my overall Bio grade is B, 3ums off an A

at the start, the day was like I am living in a Hell, felt so disappointed, I didn't know what to do and my firm still didn't confirmed my place so I thought everything was gone then I called my firm and they accepted me, It was the happiest moment in my life and I still can't believe it haha

Wbu ? How was your day ? And what are your overall grades, hopefully all A*s ?

Thank you very much!!

That's really good to hear that they picked you regardless. So you'll be off to go?

It was pretty good, not gonna lie. I got A*A*A*A, A in Physics. Many people missed the A* in Physics with Edexcel IAL this time, might recheck a paper.
Original post by Ayman!
Thank you very much!!

That's really good to hear that they picked you regardless. So you'll be off to go?

It was pretty good, not gonna lie. I got A*A*A*A, A in Physics. Many people missed the A* in Physics with Edexcel IAL this time, might recheck a paper.

Hopefully yeah!! And yeah I cherish them for that!

Wow those are amazing grades, WELL DONE Ayman!! And yeah some of my friends missed the A* in Physics, they said it was such a hard exam but yeah rechecking the paper wouldn't do any harm so go for it

Now you're on a gap year right ?
Well done to everyone! I got an A* not 100% this year but hey who cares
Hopefully yeah!! And yeah I cherish them for that!

Wow those are amazing grades, WELL DONE Ayman!! And yeah some of my friends missed the A* in Physics, they said it was such a hard exam but yeah rechecking the paper wouldn't do any harm so go for it

Now you're on a gap year right ?

Tbh chem boundaries were really high, so idk how I got it :lol:

Yep, gonna be reapplying! Might do A2 Biology in my gap year for fun. :tongue:
Original post by Ayman!
Tbh chem boundaries were really high, so idk how I got it :lol:

Yep, gonna be reapplying! Might do A2 Biology in my gap year for fun. :tongue:

Lool yeahh they were unfortunately!!

And lol A2 biology is fun, I am not gonna lie however exams are tough, and their marking is much more strict than in As so I advise you to think about it well. Good luck man in everything :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a B in chemistry having received a D in AS. Quite proud tbh
Reply 2395
Original post by dpoojaraa
Got a B in chemistry having received a D in AS. Quite proud tbh

Well done!
Reply 2396
Oi lads has anyone got a mark scheme for the Unit 5 paper? I'm 6 UMS (3 marks in this paper) from an A* overall, thought I did much better than 98/120 in Unit 5. A markscheme would really help me decide whether I should get a remark, the deadline is the 20th September. Cheers
Has anyone's unit's gone up through a remark?
Can anyone plz confirm if titrimetric analysis and conductimetric analysis are in the specification for unit 4 A2 or no?
Reply 2399
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Once you get around the wordy question, it's not so bad

The important piece of the information provided is that that both of the acids react with 45.0cm3 of 1.00 moldm-3 NaOH.

From this, we want to find out the moles of just CH3COOH that react from our equilibrium mixture. So, we work out the moles of NaOH that are added, and subtract the number of moles that reacted from the 5.00cm3 of 1.00moldm-3 HCl that was added (in bullet point 2). This gives us the moles of CH3COOH as:

45/1000 - 5/1000 = 0.04 mol CH3COOH at equilibrium.

^That's probably the hardest part of the question to get your head around. Once you've done that, you should be okay. They give you the initial moles of the reactants CH3COOH and CH3CH2OH, and also the initial moles of H2O, which is one of the products. Since you know that there are 0.04 mol CH3COOH left at equilibrium, and all the ratios are 1:1, you should be able to work out the number of moles of CH3CHOH left at equilibrium, as well as the mol of CH3COOCH2CH3 formed, and the combined (remember there were 0.278 mol H2O initially) number of moles of H2O as well. Hopefully you will be able to work the equilibrium moles out from this?

Then just plug in to your equation for Kc, happy days.

Hope you could follow this.

Thats a heck of an explanation. thankz alot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending