Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I sat my A-levels last year but didn't get good grades. Now I've started a full time job but I've decided to try again to get into uni. I would like to do medicine but I know medical school don't like resits. Because I'm doing all my A-levels again (AS and A2) and they're different exam boards, would I need to tell the university/ would it still matter?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyCath)
    Hello,

I sat my A-levels last year but didn't get good grades. Now I've started a full time job but I've decided to try again to get into uni. I would like to do medicine but I know medical school don't like resits. Because I'm doing all my A-levels again (AS and A2) and they're different exam boards, would I need to tell the university/ would it still matter?

Thank you
    Yes, you need to declare all exams on your application and not to do so is regarded as fraudulent. You won't get far in medicine with a fraudulent start. Don't even consider it.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Thank you
    What grades did you get first time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    What grades did you get first time?
    CCD :/

ReputationRep:
    CCD :/
    Okay, what subjects?

I'm not sure whether they'll accept resits with those grades the first time round, I think it's best to call them up right now and check. Explain your situation to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenigma)
    Okay, what subjects?

I'm not sure whether they'll accept resits with those grades the first time round, I think it's best to call them up right now and check. Explain your situation to them
    C in biology and maths and a D in chemistry, yeh that was my plan but didn't know if I should bother or not! Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    C in biology and maths and a D in chemistry, yeh that was my plan but didn't know if I should bother or not! Thanks for your help
    They're really helpful. Medicine love people from all walks of life, and the more complicated the better haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.