The Student Room Group

AQA Food Technology - Design Brief

For those taking the AQA Food Technology exam on the 6th June, I cannot be the only one who is under the impression that the exam is going to be very, very difficult this year? The design brief issued is the hardest it has ever been, in my opinion, but is only 10 marks which is slightly less than it has been in prior years.

How's everyones revision for this going, too? I've just finished the coursework so I've just started revising the exam content & it doesn't seem all too bad, yet the exam papers tend to usually move beyond the course content anyways so it's not all that helpful really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GCSEStudent386
For those taking the AQA Food Technology exam on the 6th June, I cannot be the only one who is under the impression that the exam is going to be very, very difficult this year? The design brief issued is the hardest it has ever been, in my opinion, but is only 10 marks which is slightly less than it has been in prior years.

How's everyones revision for this going, too? I've just finished the coursework so I've just started revising the exam content & it doesn't seem all too bad, yet the exam papers tend to usually move beyond the course content anyways so it's not all that helpful really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing this exam and I think the design question is quite hard, I would have preferred chilled desserts tbh, but our teacher is preparing us well.

I don't think the exam will be really that much harder than other years really, but what is annoying is the high grade boundaries. I got A* in my mock in 2015 paper which was one of the easiest papers that I've seen rly(since im not that good at food tech)

What'd you get in your coursework?
Chilled desserts would have been a much better design context since the past few years have focused around more sweet-based confectionary. We've literally only been given the brief today, so we've had no preparation; I'm going into school during the Easter break whilst everyone else finishes their coursework to prepare my designs so hopefully they'll input some tips then.

How was the 2015 exam? We sat the 2014 paper for our mock which wasn't too bad despite there being far too many 'big mark' answers which took up most of my time during the exam.

My coursework's 86/90 I believe (8, 30, 30, 12, 6), which I was really pleased with considering my school isn't exactly the best when it comes to Food Tech'. How did you do? Glad to hear that you did well in your mock!

Quick Reply

Latest