The Student Room Group

A-level Product Design Study Group 2022-2023

Welcome to the A-level Product Design Study Group! :woo:

This is where you can chat to others students taking your subject as you prepare for your A-level exams this summer

What can I do in these groups?

Almost anything! If you need help with a certain topic, want to rant about something you are struggling with or just want to support other students who are trying to prepare, this is the place for you. We want these to be a useful place for everyone no matter what you're looking for! :smile:

What can't I do in these groups?

Asking or offering copyright papers is against our site rules, and so is taking conversation off-site to do these things. Any posts doing this will be removed. That's the only rule :naughty:

Ice Breaker questions if you want to use them!

> What exam board are you on? (Vote in the poll as well!)

> What bits of the course are you feeling confident with?

> What areas are you struggling with a little?

> Have you found any resources online that have helped you prepare?

Specifications:

AQA - Design and Technology - Product Design 7552

Edexcel - Design and Technology - Product Design 9DT0

OCR- Design and Technology H404 - H406

WJEC - Design and Technology

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yes:

Scroll to see replies

Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:
How far along is everyone with their NEA, what sort of projects are you doing?
I am doing AQA Prod Design. And my context is Waste managemet :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by dazai768

My exam board is Edexcel and I am making a desk. I am in the design idea and development section but I am a bit behind.
Original post by hat25
My exam board is Edexcel and I am making a desk. I am in the design idea and development section but I am a bit behind.

Well im still deciding on what to manufacture, hoping to start just after christmas :biggrin:
Reply 5
is there any for edexcel?
Reply 6

i'm doing aqa too and we haven't even started our NEA yet just lots of theory, Icl I don't know what to do to revise really
Original post by Ryden47
i'm doing aqa too and we haven't even started our NEA yet just lots of theory, Icl I don't know what to do to revise really

i finished a level product design aqa last year and i know how you feel with the theory part, the exams are quite difficult and theres very minimal resources out there to revise from. I achieved an A last summer in product design so if anyone wants any help feel free to message me
Original post by Ryden47

hi, just wondering if my message reached your inbox, my account glitches out sometimes when i reply to messages through inboc
How far through your coursework are you? mines due next month and my materials still haven't arrived - eek
WHAT? are you in year 13?
Original post by Ryden47
Original post by kathryn111367
WHAT? are you in year 13?

Year 12 aha, but I actually dropped out then came back so have done some before
oh fair enough. We did theory last year and we are doing NEA this year (year 13)
Original post by Ryden47
Year 12 aha, but I actually dropped out then came back so have done some before
Reply 13
Hey does anyone know the best ways to revise i do product design edexcel in year 13 and we are on the making diary at the moment for coursework.
Honestly I have no idea. I do aqa and I struggle sm with it. I think what ima do is actually learn what things are in real life context, so ill probs print out an image of say a jig and annotate it etc but the image should help me to understand it better I have no clue

Original post by cd57
Hey does anyone know the best ways to revise i do product design edexcel in year 13 and we are on the making diary at the moment for coursework.
Reply 15
(Original post by kathryn111367)Honestly I have no idea. I do aqa and I struggle sm with it. I think what ima do is actually learn what things are in real life context, so ill probs print out an image of say a jig and annotate it etc but the image should help me to understand it better I have no clu

Original post by kathryn111367
Honestly I have no idea. I do aqa and I struggle sm with it. I think what ima do is actually learn what things are in real life context, so ill probs print out an image of say a jig and annotate it etc but the image should help me to understand it better I have no clue

yeah that is smart i was just gonna make flash cards on the definitions and stuff then a mindmap of the processing but it so annoying to revise
Original post by menZi3
is there any for edexcel?

hey! im in year 12 doing edexcel
does anyone have any good resources for edexcel?

Original post by Evil Homer
Keeping this space for a list of resources or study tools that are recommended in this thread:

It's honestly the worst. I procrastinate revising it sm but I have a feeling that if I don't start now I never will hahahaha
Original post by cd57
(Original post by kathryn111367)Honestly I have no idea. I do aqa and I struggle sm with it. I think what ima do is actually learn what things are in real life context, so ill probs print out an image of say a jig and annotate it etc but the image should help me to understand it better I have no clu

yeah that is smart i was just gonna make flash cards on the definitions and stuff then a mindmap of the processing but it so annoying to revise
Reply 19
yuppp agreed i am using the revision textbook and just answering the questions but it is so hard to do revision for everything else there is so many resources its just dt ha

(Original post by kathryn111367)It's honestly the worst. I procrastinate revising it sm but I have a feeling that if I don't start now I never will hahahaha

Quick Reply

Latest