The Student Room Group

How are the submitted assignments meant to be laid out?

I am currently completing sections of my web development assignment in my foundation year, the content of this assignment is designing a website which I will go on to create in the next half of the assignment. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of how my first assignment should look? Its my first assignment at university and I haven't been given a template nor have I been told specifically how to lay it out? hoping someone could help me with this thanks
Original post by iolojonesx
I am currently completing sections of my web development assignment in my foundation year, the content of this assignment is designing a website which I will go on to create in the next half of the assignment. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of how my first assignment should look? Its my first assignment at university and I haven't been given a template nor have I been told specifically how to lay it out? hoping someone could help me with this thanks

When structuring your first web development assignment, consider these key components:

Introduction:

Briefly introduce the purpose of the website.
Mention the target audience and goals of the site.
Requirements and Specifications:

List the specific requirements provided in the assignment brief.
Detail any additional features or functionalities you plan to implement.
Design Mockups:

Include wireframes or design mockups of the website's layout.
Provide explanations for your design choices.
Technologies and Tools:

Mention the web development tools and technologies you plan to use.
Explain your rationale for choosing these technologies.
Implementation Plan:

Outline the steps you will take to develop the website.
Include a timeline if applicable.
Challenges and Solutions:

Anticipate potential challenges in the development process.
Offer preliminary solutions or strategies to overcome these challenges.
Conclusion:

Summarize the key points of your assignment.
Mention your expectations for the final website.

Remember to use clear headings, subheadings, and visuals where applicable. Consistency in formatting and a logical flow of information are essential. Good luck with your assignment!

I will still recommend to have a chat with your module leader to see if you are on the right path.

Fatima
Student Ambassador- London South Bank University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending