The Student Room Group

The Ultimate "Don'ts" of Studying

Okay so exams are in a couple of months and all that you’ve probably been doing is either Youtub-ing, TSR-ing, Facebook-ing, Twitter-ing, Instangram-ing or hell even googling (what were you googling huh?). Basically doing anything that involves you not study-ing. I get it. I am doing the same. I’m supposed to be studying for my Maths exam but what does Naveeza (that’s my name btw. Hahah. Nice to meet you too) do? Not study. So you go to TSR and click that “post a new thread” option and ask the very old boring question that almost everyone has asked in their life at least once (or in my case, once every 5 hours): “HOW THE BLOODY HELL DO I ACTUALLY DO WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO i.e. STUDY!!”

Well, in this blog (my very first blog as a matter of fact!)I’m going to write the things that should possibly be made illegal in the world of torturous studies. So ladies and cool men, without further redo here are a few “Don’ts” of the studying game.

*DISCLAIMER*- Do bear in mind that this blog is for people who think that they are orangutan-level minded when in reality they are not (obviously). This blog is clearly not for those smarty pants people who can get themselves to do whatever they want just by flinching their eye brows (I honestly envy you!). Basically if you think you are a fruit loop, join the club with me please.
Anyways, here it is:

1)Do not try to do the whole “Omg think about what will happen if you don’t study hard”, because,let’s be real: It almost never ever… ever… ever… ever... ever works (Could be aTaylor Swift’s song!). What will actually happens is that you go into this really deep thought-thinking process where you think of all the reason why it sucks to be you. Yup. Happens with me all the time. So this is a very very VERY bad idea. Please don’t do this, unless you’ve got nothing better to do with your life.

2)Have you ever sat and made a revision time table that if you would have had actually followed;you’d probably be done with all of your revision? Well, those Goddamn revision time tables that almost never work (for people like me at least!). You will not believe how many times I’ve wore my eye sight glasses, turned on my table lamp and pretended to be this really intellectual personality (Which I totally am btw.) and wrote this extremely effective revision time table only to be like “nah” a day later. I mean in the beginning, you’re like “Okay, yolo! Iwill only live once so might as well make sure that I leave behind a legacy of being smart. Albert Einstein did that.. So can I. Let’s do this. Brain are you ready? Muscles what about you? Mr. Butt, you comfortable on the chair babe?Hello sexy back, all cool with you back there? Okay crew, let’s do this! 1.2.3, BOOM!!!” ….*5 seconds later* …. “This is ridiculous. YOLO right? You only live once so might as well make reckless mistakes. Am I right or… am I right? Brb going to make my reckless mistake of watching Breaking Bad.Alberty-smart-nutty-Einstein, I’m me and I’m unique and you can never force me to not be me. ->I’m <-independent, ->I’m<- strong and ->I’m<-ALIVE. You dead man. Sorry, but sucks to be you! Have a nice dead life. Bye!”*goes and procrastinates again”!!
3)Do not ever,set time targets. If there would ever be an honest explanation of what a person actually means when he/ she sets a time target then it would go something like this “Dear myself, I was wasting time on YouTube/ Google/ TSR/ some other forum again and everyone was talking about how setting a time target was the most helpful thing ever and even though I’ve attempted this fake robbery oftime before, I’m going to waste my time again and set myself a time target. So let’s see.Um,I, will start studying at 9 and will study till 12 with 2 breaks of 15 mins in between…Yup. I’m so cool. I love myself. You da best, you”...So what actually really happens is that your subconscious mind does everything it can to just get time to pass. You T.H.I.N.K that you are studying but you’re not because all that you ever did in the last few hours was hold yourEvolution/ Organic Chemistry/ Electricity/Integration notes whilst you think of how romantic it would be if your bf got you a diamond bracelet or how nice it would be to get laid sometime, soon. If you’ll honestly ask yourself as to howmany times you’ve actually studied every time you have set yourself a time target, the answer would be almost never (just like me!)

I guess that's it for now. This blog was my first one ever and I might make a “Don’ts of studying part 2” and maybe even a “Do’s of studying”, in the near future. I have a few A’s and B’s at A levels and am still going to take another A level (Maths!) exam in May/June so I know the drill.

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
woow thanks and good luck with your blog
Reply 2
Original post by noey123
woow thanks and good luck with your blog

hahaha you like it? and thank you!
Haha very true for me... anyways thanks for the advice lol
Reply 4
Original post by Noara
hahaha you like it? and thank you!

yeah i like it lool, it's helpful tbh. i only have 2 months left and i just don't know how cram my revision in that space of time lol and i need Bs
Reply 5
Original post by noey123
yeah i like it lool, it's helpful tbh. i only have 2 months left and i just don't know how cram my revision in that space of time lol and i need Bs

haha thank you very much! My first exam is on 25th May and I've got a little bit of stuff left to do!
Good luck with your studies and I'll be posting a "Do's of studying' blog pretty soon so keep an eye out for that :wink:
This reflects what I think every single day :redface:
Reply 7
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
This reflects what I think every single day :redface:

HAHAHA Ikr?...Its basically the story of my life :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest