The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth uni accomodation problem!!

Hi All,
I came to do my accomodation tonight and have found that pretty much every accomodation has filled up with no double bed rooms being left in the student village. I need my own room due to anxiety and night terrors. Has anyone has any experience with ringing up to request it? Stupid me but i didnt think it would fill up so quickly! Please help!!
That's not stupid; I didn't expect they would fill up that quickly (though I haven't received a response since my interview yet so I haven't applied for accommodation as I don't know what the University will say; starting to worry now). You could contact the University's accommodation service to ask them if they can suggest any alternative (or explain your reason for needing a single room and they might be have some reserve rooms for people in your situation), or look for private accommodation (check what the contract will be etc. before you sign) on places such as 'Spare Room' (a website mainly for people who are looking for shared accommodation - not shared room, just shared building - not sure if I can post links but it's www.spareroom.co.uk).
(edited 8 years ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Reply 2
Original post by evielew97
Hi All,
I came to do my accomodation tonight and have found that pretty much every accomodation has filled up with no double bed rooms being left in the student village. I need my own room due to anxiety and night terrors. Has anyone has any experience with ringing up to request it? Stupid me but i didnt think it would fill up so quickly! Please help!!

If you ring up they'll put you on a watitng list for single rooms and you'll get given a shared one for now. In the meantime it might be worth looking at private accommodation or student houses for your first year. I'm not sure if you explain your circimstances they might make a special exception but there's no harm in ringing!

Good luck with it all :smile:
Same thing happened to me. I was given a shared room in Glasney and put on the waiting list for a double. A while later a double for The Sidings actually came up and I took that straight away because I didn't know how long I'd be waiting for a double in Glasney (didn't get it in the end) So you may find yourself with an offer for accommodation elsewhere before you get given your desired one. Applications for accommodation go by so quickly it's crazy. I applied a couple days after it opened thinking I was early lol.
Hey

I'm trying to fill mine in now and I'm stuck with the same problem. Would you mind explaining the waiting list you were put on for a double? Cuz I'm pretty sure it says there is no waiting list...
Reply 5
Falmouth University is shameful these days. Now that the University is well regarded, they've begun destroying it. They're taking on double the amount of freshers, and the uni does not have the space or facilities for them all. 1st Years are guaranteed a room in first year, and shoving everyone in shared rooms is shameful
how do you come with these informations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
well this is scary news for someone applying now ..... ughdfghdfghfghhhhhhhhhhh
did no one else have a problem that their maintenance loan is £1500 short of any of the accommodation
Original post by sbeth55
well this is scary news for someone applying now ..... ughdfghdfghfghhhhhhhhhhh
did no one else have a problem that their maintenance loan is £1500 short of any of the accommodation

Luckily my sons loan covers his accommodation with about £700 to spare. Unfortunately, the loan is paid in 3 equal instalments whereas the cost for the first two terms is higher than the last term so the first two loan payments don't cover the cost of the accommodation.

I really think that you all should be able to borrow enough to pay for accommodation and living costs from the outset
Reply 9
Original post by Pepper2427
Luckily my sons loan covers his accommodation with about £700 to spare. Unfortunately, the loan is paid in 3 equal instalments whereas the cost for the first two terms is higher than the last term so the first two loan payments don't cover the cost of the accommodation.

I really think that you all should be able to borrow enough to pay for accommodation and living costs from the outset

yeah true, i was living in london last year for uni and although accommodation is ridiculously expensive there, the loan covered it more somehow. i dont really understand how they work it out year to year

Quick Reply

Latest