The Student Room Group

transferring universities

My first semester at uni (OBU) wasn't good and I'm deciding if I should transfer. I'm doing English and creative writing and I am undecided on what unis I should look at, but I'm thinking either Falmouth or Kent. I'd like to have an option to study abroad or do a placement year. I didn't do very well in my ALevels (BCC) too. Does anyone have any advice on what unis I could look at and if Falmouth or Kent are good options? Thanks!
Have you looked at Bath Spa?

Do you have any thoughts about what you want to do after graduation?
Original post by Anonymous #1
My first semester at uni (OBU) wasn't good and I'm deciding if I should transfer. I'm doing English and creative writing and I am undecided on what unis I should look at, but I'm thinking either Falmouth or Kent. I'd like to have an option to study abroad or do a placement year. I didn't do very well in my ALevels (BCC) too. Does anyone have any advice on what unis I could look at and if Falmouth or Kent are good options? Thanks!

hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy at OBU! I'd recommend trying to chat through your struggles and your options with your tutor. If you're set on transferring, I'd recommend thinking about your progress after university (Prospects is great for this), as well as considering financial costs. I think that transferring is easier to get into a university to do your research and don't be afraid to ask.

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending