The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DauntlessOne
How does one go about preparing for something like this? Do I need qualifications like A levels? And if so, what do they have to be in? Mathematics, economics, finance? I know all of these would help in a banking job, but which ones are most highly prized? Do I need a University degree to even get a chance at a job like this, or is A levels enough? I'd like to have some advice on the matter of banking jobs, you can personally pm me on my profile, any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Read the stickies in this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gr8wizard10
either your cv layout is ****, your cover letters are **** or you don't have high enough predicted grade

I think it was my Cover Letters, I did 3 of my cover letters sort of generically MS, and the Nomura and BAML 3 days and attempts to make it specific were poor.The other programme I applied to was Steps to Success so that was going to be a near definite rejection regardless. I've been getting a lot of useful feedback from other users so my CLs should be better next time round.
Original post by YouAreGhey
Just lie about your predicted grades

i was getting rejections left right and center for insight days back when i applied then RBS went through in the end.

These are insight days, they aren't a big deal.

Nah my predicted grades are fine. I'm doing a lot of CV building stuff and I've been working on my application skills this Summer so should be better next time (touch wood).
Reply 383
Anyone up for a night out after these insight days?
Original post by gr8wizard10
you need a degree to actually work in banking

for insight programmes targeted at a level students, you need good predicted grades and must demonstrate an interest in the industry. you apply online through the banks website

your subjects don't matter

I don't have the luxury of going to University to study a degree until I am middle aged, my social economic background won't let me. I just can't afford to spend years at a time working towards something like that. It all seems a bit unnecessary really, thank you for replying though.
Original post by flairs

Night out with future IBers rip bank account lmao,

Jk it would be fun i guess aha
Original post by YouAreGhey
Just lie about your predicted grades

i was getting rejections left right and center for insight days back when i applied then RBS went through in the end.

These are insight days, they aren't a big deal.

Best advice I've ever seen on this website?
Reply 387
Anyone going to these insight days have their first choice as LSE?
Reply 388
who is going credit suisse tomorrow?
Original post by flairs

Yh go on then. I've got HSBC but I don't know when the programme is running until but yh I'm down
Reply 390
I don't think we can really organise a proper night out but if anyone wants to go to a cafe in canary wharf, I'm up for that
Original post by flairs
I don't think we can really organise a proper night out but if anyone wants to go to a cafe in canary wharf, I'm up for that

Yeah my train is at 7, so would be nice to go out for a few drinks/food afterwards.
Reply 392
Hi guys,
For those going to CS tomorrow, does anyone know if we're going to have an informal interview, or something along those lines, to decide who they call later on for their spring programmes.
Thanks
Original post by BWTS
Hi guys,
For those going to CS tomorrow, does anyone know if we're going to have an informal interview, or something along those lines, to decide who they call later on for their spring programmes.
Thanks

Yep. Last year we had an informal 1-3 student interview. Was fun. They don't try to tear you down. Don't forget. STAR method.
Whats everyone gonna wear tomorrow?
Is there anything I should do to prepare for JPM? I don't really know what to expect tbh.
Original post by flairs

I was thinking nandosss :colondollar::colone:
Original post by President J
I was thinking nandosss :colondollar::colone:

You going HSBC? Nandos afterwards would be a shout - allow a rammed commute at 5 back to Euston when it is bare hot outside aha bun that loool
Incredibly informative day at JP Morgan. Nice seeing you all there and best of luck with your future endeavors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tazza ma razza
You going HSBC? Nandos afterwards would be a shout - allow a rammed commute at 5 back to Euston when it is bare hot outside aha bun that loool

I was going to HSBC but I have another event that day. I'll probs be coming down to CW to meet up with some mates that have HSBC. You might meet them there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending