The Student Room Group

Mum 'had to dump 500oz of breast milk' at Heathrow Airport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36120247

"'You made me dump out nearly two weeks worth of food for my son,' she said.
Heathrow says the UK government's rules on carrying liquids on planes are set out for passengers on its website.
The rules, set out by the Department for Transport, say that liquids may only be carried in containers holding 100ml or less in a transparent and re-sealable single bag.
The website says exceptions are made in the case of baby food or baby milk but only if the passenger is travelling with a baby. It says excess liquids should be carried as hold luggage."

Tough ****.

She tried to take 14.8 litres of breastmilk with her, that's 148times the limit.

This is what you call self-entitled. There are literally hundreds of thousands of working mothers out there who do breastfeed their child(ren), yet every single of of them bar you has stuck to the rules.

Sissy fit over nothing.
wtf
Reply 2
15 litres
what
the
*Vision's of 14.8L of milk exploding all over the inside of a cabin at high altitude* hehehe
Crying over spilt milk.

How apt.
Reply 5
Original post by Inexorably
15 litres
what
the

Yup, that's 26 pints of milk and jsut about enough to pour into her white coffee.

6 and a half milk bottles from your local Tesco.
Reply 6
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Crying over spilt milk.

How apt.

People, i present to you the wonderful world of Gallon smashing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-BROv6UAE8 :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Youngmetro
wtf

I had exactly the same reaction... just wtf..
Reply 9
My praise goes out to Heathrow security for maintaining and enforcing the rules designed to protect us all.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 10
Rules are rules
I really don't understand what she's complaining about.
Why throw it away though? The children in Africa could have drank it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
She must sell it to some perverts.
Ok, so if you've ever expressed milk out of your t1ts for a baby, and I have, you'd understand exactly how invested this mum was. It's an excruciatingly slow, uncomfortable, undignified process, attached to breast pumps, like some factory cow. And lets not forget that a lot of mums of newborns haven't learned how to breastfeed property yet, and so their nipples will be scabby. Yes scabby. She should have understood the rules, but don't underestimate the loss.
Reply 15
Original post by Mentally
Why theow it away though? The children in Africa could have drank it.

LOOOL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isn't US airport security just as tight as ours?

Surely they must have the same restrictions on liquids?
Fighting terrorism like a boss.
Original post by JamesN88
Isn't US airport security just as tight as ours?

Surely they must have the same restrictions on liquids?

They are much worse. The TSA will molest you.

Theres a story nearly every week about a scandalous issue to do with the TSA
Original post by DrSocSciences
Ok, so if you've ever expressed milk out of your t1ts for a baby, and I have, you'd understand exactly how invested this mum was. It's an excruciatingly slow, uncomfortable, undignified process, attached to breast pumps, like some factory cow. And lets not forget that a lot of mums of newborns haven't learned how to breastfeed property yet, and so their nipples will be scabby. Yes scabby. She should have understood the rules, but don't underestimate the loss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending