The Student Room Group

Applying For GCSE Private Candidacy/External GCSE

Hi,I'm 13 and soon will be starting my GCSEs. I want to go into business when I'm older and I REALLY want to do GCSE Business. However, my school have decided to cancel the Business GCSE. I did a bit of research and found out about becoming a Private Candidate- which is where you study the GCSE at home but from another school- there are a few schools near me that offer private candidacy and I was considering applying. Has anybody done this and got some advice? Thanks!
Original post by beingalearner
Hi,I'm 13 and soon will be starting my GCSEs. I want to go into business when I'm older and I REALLY want to do GCSE Business. However, my school have decided to cancel the Business GCSE. I did a bit of research and found out about becoming a Private Candidate- which is where you study the GCSE at home but from another school- there are a few schools near me that offer private candidacy and I was considering applying. Has anybody done this and got some advice? Thanks!

Hi,
You can study your IGCSE Business Studies with NEC by distance learning. Start in September and study alongside your school GCSEs. We provide the learning material and the support of a tutor. The tutor will mark your NEC assignments and provide feedback on them throughout the course. You can study for two years and take exams in summer 2018. Contact us by hovering over our profile to the left.
Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest