The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="theone97;65199685"]
Original post by Jesnazzy

I was pretty sure question 21 asked for the prob that it won't rain and it won't be cancelled - so the answer would be 0.76.

Who agrees?

This is what I think but I can't remember the question so it's up for debate I guess.
For q.21 if I did the entire question as "x" over 100 and I came out with 4/1000 which is equal to the correct answer , will I still get all the marks?
Original post by iMacJack
If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No ask me the question because GCSE maths is piss
what was the question about midpoints? and answer?
Original post by MrJamerJamer
For q.21 if I did the entire question as "x" over 100 and I came out with 4/1000 which is equal to the correct answer , will I still get all the marks?

I don't think you would as even as a fraction, it's not in it's simplest form.
[QUOTE="theone97;65199685"]
Original post by Jesnazzy

I was pretty sure question 21 asked for the prob that it won't rain and it won't be cancelled - so the answer would be 0.76.

Who agrees?

No, it was definitely the probability that it won't rain and the game IS cancelled
Reply 786
[QUOTE="34908seikj;65199741"]
Original post by theone97

This is what I think but I can't remember the question so it's up for debate I guess.

It asked for the probability if it doesn't rain and the match is still cancelled
There was one question towards the end that had y is inversely proportionate to 1/X^2 give values for y when X is 1,2,5 and 10. It also told us 10 = 1
Can you all rep me a nd follow me thanks!!
[QUOTE="34908seikj;65199741"]
Original post by theone97

I'm pretty sure I remember it saying it didn't rain and was still canceled, but i'm not 100%.
Original post by Bengilbert6
There was one question towards the end that had y is inversely proportionate to 1/X^2 give values for y when X is 1,2,5 and 10. It also told us 10 = 1

Yes the constant (k) = 100
Original post by 34908seikj
0, you didn't do anything relevant to the correct solution, you MIGHT, but I doubt it!

Standard form question, I stupidly X them and got 17.5 X 10^9 and then 1.75 X 10^8. Again no marks?
Original post by pinkgrapefruitj
I wrote 100 - 25Π in my workings but my final answer was 75Π, will i still get the marks?
Also what was the inequalities solving question??? :smile:

I think it was something like 3x -4 < 17
Original post by jamesM22
Standard form question, I stupidly X them and got 17.5 X 10^9 and then 1.75 X 10^8. Again no marks?

It depends how many marks are on the question, you got the x10^8 correct so you might be able to pick up at least one mark.
The probability answer is 0.04.
Are the marks for each question going to be updated?
Fs thought it said amount if female teachers I wrote 90 teachers in total but put 54 in the answer box😂😂
Reply 797
I have a question for the foundation paper
For Q.9 how many marks will I lose for working out that the correct amount of female teachers but not finding the total. (I forgot).
Original post by cicelym
For one of the questions, I stupidly wrote 4.0 instead of 0.04, however I wrote 0.04 in my workings, do you thing they would still mark it correct?

You'd lose 1 mark if you wrote it right in your workings, answer supersedes your workings :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending