The Student Room Group

A LEVEL Maths!!

Hi

Which exam board is the hardest for A level maths?
What is the difference between edexcel and AQA in A level maths?

Thanks...
Original post by _Xenon_
Hi

Which exam board is the hardest for A level maths?
What is the difference between edexcel and AQA in A level maths?

Thanks...

I do AQA, however our teacher let's us complete Edexcel papers too as the content is almost the same for both boards. The biggest difference is that some content is in different exams (for AQA compound angles are in C4, in Edexcel these are in C3).
Reply 2
Thanks mate so the content is very much similar but some exam boards may test certain topics in another unit to other exam boards, right? Thanks. :-)
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks mate so the content is very much similar but some exam boards may test certain topics in another unit to other exam boards, right? Thanks. :-)

Yeah, I checked through the Edexcel spec to make sure, and all of what I cover in AQA is there, albeit in different Core exams.
Reply 4
Original post by Dapperblook22
Yeah, I checked through the Edexcel spec to make sure, and all of what I cover in AQA is there, albeit in different Core exams.

Thanks and is the questions asked in a similar way too
Original post by _Xenon_

edexcel is the best board for maths imo. There isn't a lot of difference in the content but edexcel is much more widely done so there are way more resources available for it
Reply 6
Original post by samb1234
edexcel is the best board for maths imo. There isn't a lot of difference in the content but edexcel is much more widely done so there are way more resources available for it

I don't think the sixth form I'm going to is with edexcel though so it's not a problem if they're not, right?
Original post by _Xenon_
I don't think the sixth form I'm going to is with edexcel though so it's not a problem if they're not, right?

not really no. I thought you might have been self teaching hence why I mentioned it, but it's not an issue if your school is doing a different board
Reply 8
Original post by samb1234
not really no. I thought you might have been self teaching hence why I mentioned it, but it's not an issue if your school is doing a different board

I am self teaching some of the content before I start but if I don't get into the sixth form then I'll just carry on self teaching. I'll check with them though when I visit to make sure. Thanks. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest