The Student Room Group

Alevel options

I enrolled at college and I'm doing biology, chemistry math and further math. could someone explain how the further math works, like do I sit a level math exams then further math exams or is it just all further math exams?
Reply 1
It’s like another a level, it’s completely separate from a level maths. It’s like a normal a level. You’ll have further maths exams and normal maths exams, they’ll all be separate and not linked in anyway apart from them both being about maths.
Reply 2
Original post by BigJ57382
It’s like another a level, it’s completely separate from a level maths. It’s like a normal a level. You’ll have further maths exams and normal maths exams, they’ll all be separate and not linked in anyway apart from them both being about maths.

yeah i thought so, so ill be sitting 3 a level math exams and 4 further maths ones (edexcel)
Reply 3
Original post by neveeeeex
yeah i thought so, so ill be sitting 3 a level math exams and 4 further maths ones (edexcel)

Correct.
I enrolled at college and I'm doing biology, chemistry math and further math. could someone explain how the further math works, like do I sit a level math exams then further math exams or is it just all further math exams?

Some schools and colleges teach all of Maths in year 12 and students take the exam at that point, then FM in year 13. Others teach them in parallel with A-level exams in both at the end.
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Some schools and colleges teach all of Maths in year 12 and students take the exam at that point, then FM in year 13. Others teach them in parallel with A-level exams in both at the end.

I think my college teaches us all of a level in year 12 and then further in year 13 but I'm not sure whether we sit the a level exam in year 12
I think my college teaches us all of a level in year 12 and then further in year 13 but I'm not sure whether we sit the a level exam in year 12

You'd best ask.

Quick Reply

Latest