The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Wondering if anyone completed the three strengths portal tests for EY and then received an email about an "unprecedented amount of applications", basically putting the application on hold until further notice.

Is it fair to assume I've passed the tests and then been put on hold?
Original post by hodgey111
Any sports you can try your hand at to try and build some social experiences?

Yeah there's one or two . But I've been in sports clubs before , I don't get how to get social experience that sounds impressive . I remember going , queuing to play then leaving . Cos I wasn't good enough to be on the competitive team. At club socials I just felt weird and didn't know what to do . It felt like I was watching myself there with these people and became increasingly morose as people drank more .
Original post by oldboy2007
Yeah there's one or two . But I've been in sports clubs before , I don't get how to get social experience that sounds impressive . I remember going , queuing to play then leaving . Cos I wasn't good enough to be on the competitive team. At club socials I just felt weird and didn't know what to do . It felt like I was watching myself there with these people and became increasingly morose as people drank more .

There is no advice I can really give, unfortunately, other than to get out there and build those experiences.
Original post by hodgey111
There is no advice I can really give, unfortunately, other than to get out there and build those experiences.

yeah i know. i've gotten out there, but the experiences i got was not good and probably not what people are looking for. look i'm 27 now so getting old and if i haven't gotten it for all of my life i'm not going to get it now. i just had to try applying this year because of how unsustainable my employment has become in recent years.
Reply 384
Any invitations going on for EY AC? Passed the phone interview a month ago and still waiting. Rang them today and was told that they have had delay in scheduling ACs and I should keep waiting.
None of the school leavers in my intake (without saying which big 4 it is) had any prior work experience whatsoever.
Original post by KTS89
Any invitations going on for EY AC? Passed the phone interview a month ago and still waiting. Rang them today and was told that they have had delay in scheduling ACs and I should keep waiting.

I passed my telephone interview on 12 December and after emailing my recruitment coordinator, I got my AC date around 11 working days later. I think you just have to keep pestering them to be honest.
Reply 387
Original post by PPEStudent2307
I passed my telephone interview on 12 December and after emailing my recruitment coordinator, I got my AC date around 11 working days later. I think you just have to keep pestering them to be honest.

Can you please remind me what is the email domain of the graduate recruitment coordinators? I changed my application email and I don't have the details of mine.
Original post by KTS89
Can you please remind me what is the email domain of the graduate recruitment coordinators? I changed my application email and I don't have the details of mine.

@uk.ey.com - I emailed the person who let me know that I had passed my telephone interview :smile:
Hi guys, does anyone know how long it takes EY to give their decision after the final partner interview? I had my interview on Monday, I know it hasn't been long but the wait is agonising.
Original post by TechGirl96
Hi guys, does anyone know how long it takes EY to give their decision after the final partner interview? I had my interview on Monday, I know it hasn't been long but the wait is agonising.

I heard it took someone 3 weeks! What service line did you apply for?
Original post by big4applicant
I heard it took someone 3 weeks! What service line did you apply for?

3 weeks :bawling: Tech consulting within financial services
3 weeks :bawling: Tech consulting within financial services

That's my service line too! But I've been moved to Jan 2018 intake. Are you September?

How was your interview? Was it informal or not? I've heard mixed things...
That's my service line too! But I've been moved to Jan 2018 intake. Are you September?

How was your interview? Was it informal or not? I've heard mixed things...

Really! Well, my interview was very strange - I arrived 40 minutes early as my interview was in the London office and I was travelling from York so didn't want to get late. My interview was at 2 but they didn't call me til 2:15 apparently the partner had problems booking a room. He asked me a few introductory questions: why EY? But I don't think I gave proper answers as I thought the interview hadn't started yet. Then he asked me to do my presentation which went fine (I think!). After that, he said the interview will last 45 mins and he's got a list of questions he's required to ask. He asked me one and then said he printed out the wrong sheet and doesn't have the other questions and so the interview ended there. All in all it only took 15 mins. The interviewer was a partner so I thought he might make up some questions to ask me but nope.
Really! Well, my interview was very strange - I arrived 40 minutes early as my interview was in the London office and I was travelling from York so didn't want to get late. My interview was at 2 but they didn't call me til 2:15 apparently the partner had problems booking a room. He asked me a few introductory questions: why EY? But I don't think I gave proper answers as I thought the interview hadn't started yet. Then he asked me to do my presentation which went fine (I think!). After that, he said the interview will last 45 mins and he's got a list of questions he's required to ask. He asked me one and then said he printed out the wrong sheet and doesn't have the other questions and so the interview ended there. All in all it only took 15 mins. The interviewer was a partner so I thought he might make up some questions to ask me but nope.

That sounds very weird. Well I hope you get it, if that was me and I didn't get it I would be pretty annoyed as it sounds like he didn't particularly give you a chance to show yourself off! Are you September or January intake? Also can I ask when you submitted your application? I thought I was quite early (September 2nd) so was surprised they had to move my application to January...
That sounds very weird. Well I hope you get it, if that was me and I didn't get it I would be pretty annoyed as it sounds like he didn't particularly give you a chance to show yourself off! Are you September or January intake? Also can I ask when you submitted your application? I thought I was quite early (September 2nd) so was surprised they had to move my application to January...

Aw thank you! I know I spent so much time trying to think of examples of strengths and stressing over it and then nothing was asked, that's why I'm so eager to find out the decision. I applied at the end of September. I'm applying for the placement which I think starts in July. Have you applied for the grad scheme?
Aw thank you! I know I spent so much time trying to think of examples of strengths and stressing over it and then nothing was asked, that's why I'm so eager to find out the decision. I applied at the end of September. I'm applying for the placement which I think starts in July. Have you applied for the grad scheme?

Yeah I've applied for the grad scheme. Well keep us updated and best of luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I've applied for the grad scheme. Well keep us updated and best of luck!

Will do :smile: Have you applied to any of the other big four?
Will do :smile: Have you applied to any of the other big four?

Yeah Deloitte but I really messed up the case interview so didn't get past first round, I wanted that one the most and nerves got the best of me during it. Yourself?
Yeah Deloitte but I really messed up the case interview so didn't get past first round, I wanted that one the most and nerves got the best of me during it. Yourself?

Yeah I've applied to Deloitte and they were my number one choice but they are taking extremely long with my application which is so annoying! I had my assessment centre on 16th Dec and still haven't heard whether I've passed or not. I've sent them e-mails and called but just keep getting ignored.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending