The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Chemistry C2 - Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Is it okay if I put 85.35%
Reply 81
Original post by Examscanyounot
I thought the pH for the neutral solution was 7 not 0 😂 0 would be very acidic...

Yeah that was my mistake which I think I also made in the exam. That's 1 mark down the drain D :
Reply 82
Original post by Elisa2000
Is it okay if I put 85.35%

That's actually what I put in the exam. I saw a question similiar to this on a mark scheme and it said answers to 1,2 or 3 decimal places were accepted.
I nearly missed out the dot and cross diagram... did everyone just have in the overlapping circles one dot and 1 cross and 1 filled on hydrogen with extra 1 shared electron and 6 filled on oxygen with the 2 extra shared electrons?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by B3ASTy
THE GAS IS HYDROGEN?! Lol i totally guessed that if that's right!

I think so haha, but don't quote me on it :P
I got the 6 marker amount he should use wrong on c2 but explained the graphs would I get 0 marks?
Reply 86
I put 175 for the farm question will I get any marks
Original post by B3ASTy
I nearly missed out the dot and cross diagram... did everyone just have in the circles dot and crosses and 1 filled on hydrogen with extra 1 shared electron and 6 filled on oxygen with the 2 extra shared electrons?

I didn't have any electrons on the hydrogens, but one dot in each of the little overlap bits. Then I put two crosses in each overlap and four crosses in total around the rest of the oxygen atom if that makes sense :smile:
What did everyone get for C3 bond energy?
Original post by Chloebrightwell

i got -300 somehitng but people are saying its wrong? i swear i did everything correct wtf
Original post by CaptErin
I didn't have any electrons on the hydrogens, but one dot in each of the little overlap bits. Then I put two crosses in each overlap and four crosses in total around the rest of the oxygen atom if that makes sense :smile:

oops i may have accidentally made them have 3 electrons because i have 1 on its own one sharing and one being shared, hope i dont get marked down for that...
Original post by Naco88
They are the only 2 I saw.

I said the concentration of the acid
Original post by hello654321
i got -300 somehitng but people are saying its wrong? i swear i did everything correct wtf

Yeah I got -36 but that is most likely wrong 😂
Reply 93
Original post by B3ASTy
I nearly missed out the dot and cross diagram... did everyone just have in the overlapping circles one dot and 1 cross and 1 filled on hydrogen with extra 1 shared electron and 6 filled on oxygen with the 2 extra shared electrons?

I did that put put them all as crosses.
H2o.png
Guys, did your dot and cross diagram look like this? I am not sure, If I have done this correctly.
Reply 95

I will actually change the mark scheme on this. It is a suggested result so could be from about 200 - 300
Reply 96

It was -1277.
Reply 97
Grade boundaries will probably be around 44 for A and 50 for A*
Yeah I got -36 but that is most likely wrong 😂

Well I got 1623 I think so I dunno

Posted from TSR Mobile
would it be ok to say insulate the cup to prevent energy loss so the thermometer readings are accurate? *because there is no energy transfers

This question came up last year, and that seems like it would be fine. Here's the mark scheme so you can check :smile:
improvement.JPG

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending