The Student Room Group

OCR MEI DE June 17 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Geo_
Yeah that's precisely what I did. Ok that's alright then, I can definitely cope with 1 mark lost.
Although, because it asked for the time difference between the 1st and 2nd times they are equal, surely that will be the difference between when t=pi/6 and t=3pi/2 ? As 5pi/6 would be the third time they are equal to each other

Posted from TSR Mobile

5pi/6 is smaller than 3pi/2 so would occur first but its only one mark so no major issueee
Reply 21
Original post by username98
5pi/6 is smaller than 3pi/2 so would occur first but its only one mark so no major issueee

Haha yeah of course sorry! Apparently my brain doesn't work on a Saturday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Does anyone have a copy of the question paper?
Original post by Geo_
Yeah that's precisely what I did. Ok that's alright then, I can definitely cope with 1 mark lost.
Although, because it asked for the time difference between the 1st and 2nd times they are equal, surely that will be the difference between when t=pi/6 and t=3pi/2 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

t= 1.5pi isn't a root of that equation.
The answer to the last part was 23π\dfrac{2}{3} \pi, because it was the difference between π6\dfrac{\pi}{6} and 56π\dfrac{5}{6} \pi - there was a root at 32π\dfrac{3}{2} \pi, but it wanted the time difference between the first two occurrences, which are both when sint=12sint = \dfrac{1}{2}, as you can tell by drawing a sine graph.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending