The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Further Maths Core Pure - 25 May 2023

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

haven't seen a thread for this so decided to make one! how is everyone's revision coming along?

Scroll to see replies

Could be better! I really skimped on integration by parts when we originally covered it so I've spent a while relearning integration properly and practising it as it's useful in so many parts of the further core content. But I'm worried about complex numbers and polar coordinates - lots of specifics to remember that aren't in the edexcel formula book!
Reply 2
Original post by exhausted_pigeon
Could be better! I really skimped on integration by parts when we originally covered it so I've spent a while relearning integration properly and practising it as it's useful in so many parts of the further core content. But I'm worried about complex numbers and polar coordinates - lots of specifics to remember that aren't in the edexcel formula book!

good luck! this thread is ocr mei though i think there should be another thread for edexcel
has anybody got the ocr Mei core pure practice set papers?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous4885939
has anybody got the ocr Mei core pure practice set papers?

i do! pm me with ur email i’ll send them to you
Original post by Ethereal001
i do! pm me with ur email i’ll send them to you

thank you sm
Reply 6
Good luck today everyone!
Reply 7
Wish everyone the best of luck! Hope it all goes well
Reply 8
good luck to everyone!
Reply 9
Anyone seen a questions like that summation question before
Reply 10
absolute joke of a paper.
Reply 11
Original post by plochario
absolute joke of a paper.

As in it was too easy?
Reply 12
Original post by GreenNeon
As in it was too easy?

no. i’d even say harder than last year’s paper.
Reply 13
Original post by plochario
no. i’d even say harder than last year’s paper.

That’s what I was thinking, I’ve done nearly every past paper and that was definitely one of if not the worst
Reply 14
guys this was so bad wth they actually hate us i sat there for 2hrs and 40 mins internally crying
Reply 15
I found it alright apart from the last question. I stuffed up roots of polynomials, but I knew where I went wrong. Hopefully I get some method marks ( I had a sign error). There was some other questions like I was expecting a nice number but I got a horrible answer, like the value of b on the equidistance question I got some **** like sqrt(68/3) which doesn’t seem right, but I think I used the correct method. Most of it, I think the method I used was correct, but the final answer is wrong. I’m prone to making stupid mistakes like sign errors
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by HxTrinity
I found it alright apart from the last question. I stuffed up roots of polynomials, but I knew where I went wrong. Hopefully I get some method marks ( I had a sign error). There was some other questions like I was expecting a nice number but I got a horrible answer, like the value of b on the equidistance question I got some **** like sqrt(68/3) which doesn’t seem right, but I think I used the correct method. Most of it, I think the method I used was correct, but the final answer is wrong.

glad u found it alright!
Original post by HxTrinity
I found it alright apart from the last question. I stuffed up roots of polynomials, but I knew where I went wrong. Hopefully I get some method marks ( I had a sign error). There was some other questions like I was expecting a nice number but I got a horrible answer, like the value of b on the equidistance question I got some **** like sqrt(68/3) which doesn’t seem right, but I think I used the correct method. Most of it, I think the method I used was correct, but the final answer is wrong. I’m prone to making stupid mistakes like sign errors

The answer to that question was b=2.
Reply 18
I've been working around an A/A* level for the whole 2 years in further maths. I found the paper really tough tbf. 50%/60% hopefully. I just couldn't connect anything together, especially that last question. 7 variables? No thank you. Hoping the other modules will carry my grade abit
Reply 19
The pacing of the paper really threw me off, the last question wasn’t particularly nice either- but overall it was quite a nice paper (although i’m awful at vectors so i got both of those wrong)

Quick Reply

Latest