The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Needed a new title

Announcements

ReputationRep:

So hello, this is the thread for the upcoming 2016 Draft, Free Agency, and of course, the 2016/17 NBA season. The current champions are the Cleveland Cavliers. The current unanimous MVP is Stephen Curry, and the current unanimous Finals MVP is Lebron James.

Feel free to post here, whichever team you support/follow and discuss all aspects of the NBA alongside your fellow basketball loving members. Literally anything, we have stats, serious discussion and memes aplenty here ().

For those curious, here is a link to the thread for the 2015/16 season: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3609435. The MVP poster for the last thread was Aristotle's Disciple with 683 posts!

Below is a list of the teams various members support. Feel free to post whichever team is yours and I'll add you to this list:

Boston Celtics - MrDystopia, Gingerbread101, TheLittlestElf
    Chicago Bulls - Sameer599, Avcs132
    Los Angeles Lakers - eden3, epic within, Lord Samosa, wolfmoon88
    Los Angeles Clippers - ireviseveryhard
    Golden State Warriors-blackened_sky, theonecenter, Kendrik Lamar
    Miami Heat- Malevolent, TajwarC
    Milwaukee Bucks - JMEisjames, atom y humber
    New York Knicks - zionpower, Aristotle's' Disciple, CleverSquirrel
    Oklahoma City Thunder- brent_, bammy jastard 27, Mugiiwara, dnan, Bryci, MamzZass

Finally, if you're new to the sport/league and want to know more, feel free to ask anyone in thread (There's plenty of basketball knowledge here) or read any of the following resources to get some information:

-TBA-

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    In

and I support the second biggest choke artist of 2016,
    the Oklahoma City Thunder.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got out of bed so I'm lazy but post your teams/any resources you think would be cool and I'll edit them into the OP :yy:

ReputationRep:
    In.

Ex MVP of one of the previous threads coming back to claim my throne again.

Heat

ReputationRep:
    Woo a special shout out just for me Thanks @MrDystopia I hope I can do what other greats have done and build a legacy.
    Team Rose I'll put down a team once I figure out where he's going, I guess it's looking like Knicks/Bulls for now.

Going to watch First Take now. But man this series was great, last night was one of the best experiences ever. Great ending to the season, the off season is going to be super interesting

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyv...FIwya8ov6qJkdA
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp3...UP2XqOpyOY2bzQ
    https://www.youtube.com/user/nicksmith71218
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...HLxBaw8sZw7SkA

https://www.instagram.com/basketballforever/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    In.

Ex MVP of one of the previous threads coming back to claim my throne again.

Heat
    What were you saying about Loves celebration lol, I missed that part. What did he do? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    What were you saying about Loves celebration lol, I missed that part. What did he do? :p:
    Was acting like Stone Cold and drinking beer like he did :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/20/...medium=twitter

So early odds have been released for next seasons winner. Unsurprisingly Warriors are the favourites (Really it makes most sense), with Cleveland second. Interesting to note this time last year just after the Dubs had won, Cleveland opened as the first favourites.

ReputationRep:
    things will be fixed from September. Trade are ongoing. Can't say anything from now.

Still Knicks.

ReputationRep:
    Heartbroken Dubs fan checking in

(Original post by brent_)
    and I support the second biggest choke artist of 2016,
    the Oklahoma City Thunder.
    Nah I think we stole that title from you. Your choke came around to bite us on the ass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackened_sky)
    Heartbroken Dubs fan checking in

Nah I think we stole that title from you. Your choke came around to bite us on the ass.
    It's okay. Go to the New England Patriots forum and ask them how to get over it. You never will. This will haunt you for the rest of your life man.

ReputationRep:
    NTJ's thoughts; "Kyrie outplayed Curry at his supreme best, yet Chris Paul could not outplay Curry before he was a superstar. Kyrie's 2016 Playoff run is more impressive than any of Chris Paul's, and he just needs some longevity to surpass him all-time."

ReputationRep:
    NTJ's thoughts; "Kyrie outplayed Curry at his supreme best,
    That was Steph at his supreme best now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    That was Steph at his supreme best now?
    No he sucked in a vacuum situation but he's still a prime superstar. Like LeBrons choke against Dallas, it was horrific but he was at his supreme best at that point in his career regardless.

Curry may perform better in an inidivudal finals series in the future, but as a whole he'll never be at the same level he has been this season I think. If he is bravo.

EDIT: I should correct that to I don't think he'll ever have a better season than this one. I'm not suggesting he's going to decline

ReputationRep:
    No he sucked in a vacuum situation but he's still a prime superstar. Like LeBrons choke against Dallas, it was horrific but he was at his supreme best at that point in his career regardless.

Curry may perform better in an inidivudal finals series in the future, but as a whole he'll never be at the same level he has been this season I think. If he is bravo.
    So the quote you posted doesn't hold true, Kyrie didn't outplay Steph at all at his best.

I think Steph can return to his regular season form of the past two seasons. Just something needs working on regarding the Finals. Last years playoffs he was fine, Finals not so much, this years playoffs was a mix of great, average, poor and injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    So the quote you posted doesn't hold true, Kyrie didn't outplay Steph at all at his best.

I think Steph can return to his regular season form of the past two seasons. Just something needs working on regarding the Finals. Last years playoffs he was fine, Finals not so much, this years playoffs was a mix of great, average, poor and injuries.
    Well objectively all you can do is analyse the situation based on a vacuum performance as the nba finals are legacy building performances in themselves. We know he could have done better, and obviously should have. But it is what it is. Maybe when he eventually slows down in the regular season he'll deteriorate further post season. It's difficult to say. All we can say is he's had a career high season that is highly unlikely to be topped and he was largely shut down by Kyrie.

Some players aren't made for the big stage and I hope that's not Steph but we'll have to wait until next year. I've got GS v Cavs yet again. :p: Man I can't wait!!!

Also boo Klay for not being courteous after the game. I like Draymond more now.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/dennisrodman/sta...24228516241408

In case anyone didn't see it.

ReputationRep:

Also boo Klay for not being courteous after the game. I like Draymond more now.
    What did Klay do/not do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    It's okay. Go to the New England Patriots forum and ask them how to get over it. You never will. This will haunt you for the rest of your life man.
    Way to kick a man when's he's down... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    What did Klay do/not do?
    Steph and Green (ironic) are the only ones who stuck around to congratulate Cavs apparently.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever given blood?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.