The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Kobe is being a Kobetard himself lately, like stop trying to stay relevant you aren't even considered top 10 all time smh.
Original post by Sae.HH
Kobe is being a Kobetard himself lately, like stop trying to stay relevant you aren't even considered top 10 all time smh.

I saw that him trying to argue he played with the spurs lol.

Kobe is barely top 10 in my book. I'd put him exactly at no 10. He wasn't even the best player amongst his own generation.
LMFAO how is the Warriors GM going to roast KD in front of everyone 🤣 That's just ****ing mean, the guy won you two championships and you do him like that ffs
Reply 2003
Durant the reason why Warriors are dominant like they are now lol. Prior to him joining they were beatable.

Was definitely a joke because I'd be pissed, being the 2nd best player in the league and not even being the highest paid player on your team.
So as we all expected, Lebron has opted out of his current Cavs contract, Lakers being his preferred option. BUT!

It's quite obvious if you've been keeping up that this is dependent on the Lakers also acquiring Paul George (who has opted out of his OKC contract) and Kawhi Leonard. The Spurs are playing hard ball about trading him though, so it's gonna be interesting to see if this new Lakers superteam can be built.
loooooooool Lakers
Original post by alexschmalex
loooooooool Lakers

What happened? :redface:
LeBron signs a 4 year 154 mill contract with LA! Kawhi had better suit up!

Original post by alexschmalex
loooooooool Lakers

Spoke too soon haha
Reply 2008
Original post by Sae.HH
LeBron signs a 4 year 154 mill contract with LA! Kawhi had better suit up!

Spoke too soon haha

Reckon this is bad business if they don't get other pieces. That is a hefty and lengthy contract for a 33 year old no two ways about it. Even if it is LeBron.

Hope this quells the rumours of LeBron dominating if he goes to the West, we can finally see.

Still see Golden State winning again unless LeBron gets 2 good pieces. Even then that probably ain't enough. They lost out on George so will need to find another SF/PF.
Original post by bj27
Reckon this is bad business if they don't get other pieces. That is a hefty and lengthy contract for a 33 year old no two ways about it. Even if it is LeBron.

Hope this quells the rumours of LeBron dominating if he goes to the West, we can finally see.

Still see Golden State winning again unless LeBron gets 2 good pieces. Even then that probably ain't enough. They lost out on George so will need to find another SF/PF.

Lakers could get Kawhi if they want to. Stephen.A said Spurs wanted Hart, Kuzma, Randle, Ingrham and a few first round draft picks and the lakers said no. They've been signing a few one year deals to make more cap space to perhaps sign Leonard next year.

I would take LABron over any West team in the playoffs, apart from Rockets or GS. so really, they're a second rounder in the West.

The East is now the G-League
So Lebron has joined the Lakers. Interestingly after all the rumours, Paul George elected to stay at OKC, meaning LA's prime target has been Kawhi Leonard. As mentioned earlier, Spurs are playing super hardball on that front however,

Edit: Gonna be interesting seeing how many fans swap their allegiances now. All the Lakers bandwagoners can hop off Golden State, and Cavs 'fans' will just run to the Lakers now :lol:
(edited 5 years ago)
Bronstans as Lakers fans.... my nightmare has come true
Reply 2012
Original post by wolfmoon88
Bronstans as Lakers fans.... my nightmare has come true

At least you won't have the kobe conversation when lebron shows that he's 3x the player. Always a silver lining
This league is pure bs

So many weak stars that don't want to compete. KD and Demarcus cousins being the worst

I'm okay with super teams, but a team with 5 All-NBA players /5 All stars is too much. This is now indisputably the greatest team in history.

So pathetic - Demarcus cousins is getting the weakest ring in history. I'm gonna hang myself if he fully recovers and is back to normal
Yeah I’m not gonna be following the league this year. No point following something where the result is certain.
Lakers bandwagon lasted a full day :lol:

Glad to see Boogie join. We needed a new big man now that Javale has left for the Lakers.

Edit: He signed with the Mid Level Exception. So once again, it's very smart management by the Warriors in attaining these stars. I imagine a lot of teams wished they had the draft luck + the management ability shown off by the Lacob and Guber.
(edited 5 years ago)
**** the warriors. Hope some of the players break a leg or tear an acl.
Original post by TheLittlestElf
**** the warriors. Hope some of the players break a leg or tear an acl.

Boogie tore his Achilles which contributed to his decrease in value. With this move, he'll get a chance to recover at a slower pace, most likely earns a ring in doing so.

Given it's also only a one year deal, it means he can then have his market value increased (and most likely wouldn't be able to sign for so little with any team), thus earning him more money with whatever team he wants (I don't believe Golden State would be able to re-sign him). It seems a logical move for him, but also a shrewd move by the Warriors.
Curry, Thompson, Durant, Draymond and Cousins...

The carrot of competition in the West was briefly dangled with LA trying to make their own super team but that’s pretty much done now.

Only hope is Cousins reverts to Kings form and causes problems but I just don’t see it.
No point freaking out just yet. He's a big with an Achilles tear, no guarantees he comes back for very long at all and I never wish injrueis on any player but it would be better for the league all around if be didn't. Because this team really is ridiculous.

But if he is healthy oh well, just sit back and enjoy watching the best team ever run riot. It's only one year after all, if he does get back to his old self he'll be chasing the max or close to it. At that point Kawhi will head to LA and things will be pretty competitive again.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest