The Student Room Group

Do accounting firms/employers care about gcses of gcse and a level resits

Helo i am hear to ask a question for my brother. He currently finished his degree in accounting finance and mathematics in lancaster university 1st class honour degree and has completed an acca qualification the very next year. He wants to be a charted accountant. His gcses and A levels were holding him back to get into a good job. He had only 3 gcses and 3 btec level 2 and 1 a levels and 2 btecs level 3. He decided to do extra gcse in further math physics chemistry and business the next january after his degree and acca qualification like in and he has gotten As on all of them then he did a level futher math and accounting after another year getting Bs in them so he was done with his studies 2 and the half year after his degree in total. He had c*** paid jobs in small firms during his uni days and even s*** accounting part time job while he was doing his extra gcses and a levels. His dream was to work in one of the big four firms and i was wondering would he be at a disadvantage to other applicants and would they check when you did your gcses and a levels and how many times you done them .Also he resat his gcse english twice and past at his third attempt he was in sixth form. Also he failed his geography gcse at yr11 and he didnt re do it. would they check some of his failed gcses.
Ok to clarify his qualications which he got c or more is gcse math english lit and lang and the others above also btec lv2 in science business and ict. A level math further math and accounting and btec lv3 ict and double ict. And his degree and acca.
Can someone please answer all my questions. Sorry for the long story
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending