The Student Room Group

Accounting but failing spanish

i'm in gcses and i wanted to do medicine my whole life however now im leaning more towards accounting i think i will do great in sciences english and maths however im concerned about spanish i dont think i will get above a 5 will that affect if i can work in a large firm in the future or not.
I’d say obviously try to get as high as you can but I’m going to be honest, the more you get older and gain experience or if you go further into education, the less GCSEs matter. These days employers value experience, and you don’t necessarily have to do maths if you want to become an accountant.

For example, I’ve never done maths for A levels, I’m graduating with a psychology degree and just secured a job for finance in a big firm with no previous maths experience what so ever (pretty sure my maths grade back in the day was a C). So don’t get too caught up in it now. Just do subjects you enjoy and try your best on the exams, but I promise you it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get the grade :smile:

Hope this helps
Original post by anon2911
i'm in gcses and i wanted to do medicine my whole life however now im leaning more towards accounting i think i will do great in sciences english and maths however im concerned about spanish i dont think i will get above a 5 will that affect if i can work in a large firm in the future or not.

hii,
im doubt a rly good grade (6+) in spanish is needed for the a levels required for an accounting course at uni, but if need any help with spanish do let me know as i’m native x

Quick Reply

Latest