The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the ps is coming on slowly, on redraft 3 at the moment!!
i have done 4 weeks small animal vet work exp, 2 weeks large, week lambing, week dairy, 2 weeks bird gardens, 1 day abbtoir(sp?) also 1 day a week at small animal atm for the next few months. and i finished my a2s in june but got BBB so am resitting some modules atm as well as working full time ... how about u ?

also again if anyone has any personal statements thay could send me to give me a hand that would be great .. my email is nick_jackson_(at)hotmail.com
cheers!
Reply 21
^ So did you take a gap year then?
will u guys send me some personal statements too??? i'm about to start preparing mine and i do have that book u were talking about but i think it'd still be good to see someone elses. thanks x x x
Reply 23
well im starting a gap year now, working full time and then doing resits in jan. gonna hopefully do some travelling once the resits are out the way and i have the AAA i need lol. the only upside is that i was ging to take a gap year anyway so it hasnt changed my plans too much!
Ashlee1991
will u guys send me some personal statements too??? i'm about to start preparing mine and i do have that book u were talking about but i think it'd still be good to see someone elses. thanks x x x

your starting to prepare it now?! youve just started 6th form right?

actually i think about what to put in mine all the time!

if anyone wnt they can send me some aswell :p: :wink:
Reply 25
nickj
well im starting a gap year now, working full time and then doing resits in jan. gonna hopefully do some travelling once the resits are out the way and i have the AAA i need lol. the only upside is that i was ging to take a gap year anyway so it hasnt changed my plans too much!

So was it only recently that you considered veterinary medicine then?

And you guys make me feel so lame, so unprepared AND confused with application deadline less than a month away :rolleyes:
Reply 26
Think I'm on my 7th or so draft now, think I've finally got it in a state I'm happy with. My trouble is I easily overrun 47 lines and I'm not very good at cutting down the excess stuff :P
Reply 27
Yeah, I had that problem, being concise and figuring what to cut out!
Reading my PS makes me CRINGE now!!

Ooooh my god this time tomorrow I'll be at vet school :|
Reply 28
^ Excited FOR you :biggrin:
Reply 29
yeah city chic i only really decided to go for being a vet about half way thru year 12, by which time i had made the fatal mistake of trying to coast thru AS like i had at GCSE and also had almost 0 work experience.
this PS is actually driving me mad ... i will close it for the night feeling quite good about it and by the time i wake up in the morning it all sounds rubbish again!
have you got ne example u can send?
Reply 30
nickj
yeah city chic i only really decided to go for being a vet about half way thru year 12, by which time i had made the fatal mistake of trying to coast thru AS like i had at GCSE and also had almost 0 work experience.
this PS is actually driving me mad ... i will close it for the night feeling quite good about it and by the time i wake up in the morning it all sounds rubbish again!
have you got ne example u can send?

Did I send you one before? I'll send one example I have to you now anyway :smile:
Reply 31
I'm trying too, am on redraft 2 at the moment, but still very stuck, it just won't flow and english happens to be my second language so that doesn't help. If anyone would like to send me theirs to have a look at I would be very happy.
aargh Ive typed up my 1st draft! This sucks
If the uni likes you and askd for an interview, when would they let you know, or god forbid if you're rejected? Or after an interview and you get an offer/rejection when would you know after that?
Reply 33
^ I want to know the same too!
Reply 34
I only know for the four I applied to but here goes...

Bristol - Interviews are usually around late November/December with a few spilling over into the new year. Some rejections will come around then but most will be around jan ish when they know exactly who they are interviewing. If they really like you, you will get an offer within a couple of days, same goes for if they dont think you're suitable and unfortunately get rejected. If you're good but not exceptional it may be a few weeks before you find out and if you're borderline, they will keep you "on hold" until after the last interview, sometimes until March. Everyone is normally told by March one way or the other.

Liverpool - They have 3 stages. The first is academic, if you meet their criteria, you move onto the next stage, if you dont, and there are no special circumstances, you are notified of rejection. This is usually in early jan. Stage 2 is a work exp questionnaire some time in late jan/early feb. If you have sufficient work exp you will be invited to interview in feb/march. If not you are rejected. After interview most people are informed of a decision within a week.

Nottingham - Everyone has to complete an online questionnaire, some time in december or jan I think, based on this people are selected for interview in late jan/february. Initial rejections are also made at this stage. Offers arent made until every single person has been interviewed cos they judge you compared to the rest of the interviewed people and choose the best. So offers and rejections are given out sometime in late feb/march.

RVC - Interviews are in 2 batches, one in late oct/november/early december and another in late jan/feb. Offers and rejections are generally made 2-4 weeks afteer interview but for people interviewed in the first batch, this maybe slightly longer depending on when BMAT results are released.
so interviews can go up untill the end of march?
Reply 36
tiny_tiger

Nottingham - Everyone has to complete an online questionnaire, some time in december or jan I think, based on this people are selected for interview in late jan/february. Initial rejections are also made at this stage. Offers arent made until every single person has been interviewed cos they judge you compared to the rest of the interviewed people and choose the best. So offers and rejections are given out sometime in late feb/march.

Oh wow, thank god. If I get an interview then I would've had time to get much more work exp. than I currently have! Also I can send refs off by Dec and they will still consider me.

So basically it's not until Dec/Jan esp. that they choose who to interview?
Reply 37
Nope!

And Annaconda, interviews are usually over by the second week in march I think, my last was liverpool on march 7th but I think that was one of the last. xxx
They keep us hangin on! rachel that was uberly helpful thanks!
Reply 39
No probs :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending