The Student Room Group

Interviews

Hello, I am trying to prepare for veterinary medicine interviews for Nottingham, RVC and Surrey. Is there anyone that has completed them that can offer advice or say the most common questions asked? What is the usual rundown of an interview? Stuff like that. Thank you guys
Original post by anamaria2004
Hello, I am trying to prepare for veterinary medicine interviews for Nottingham, RVC and Surrey. Is there anyone that has completed them that can offer advice or say the most common questions asked? What is the usual rundown of an interview? Stuff like that. Thank you guys

Hi, I am a current Nottingham 3rd year April vet! I didnt apply to RVC so can't help you there. There is a pinned thread in the veterinary medicine section which is very very helpful but i am going to add some of my own points!

So i am not sure if they have changed any interview processes since i applied but ill try my best.

Personal statement:
Most vet schools wont use this. the only uni that did was nottingham where they asked me an ethical question based on a career path i mentioned in my personal statement. Make sure you know information about what you wrote in the PS. If you mentioned a specific case make sure you know some information.

MMI:
say hello and ask how the interviewer is doing before the station starts if possible. I did this at surrey and was able to have brief chats before stations. Turns out an interviewer was from my town and we chatted about the local asparagus! Not only does this help to make you feel relaxed and perform better it shows your personality and communication skills and jsut makes you seem nice!
Don't get hung up on making the right decision. Its generally about your reasoning/judgement, communication and problem solving abilities

Gneral:
If you dont know the answer that is completely fine. They don't expect you to know everything. They want to assess your thought process. I always go with "I am not sure of the answer however, I think... or i would do....". Shows good reasoning
If there are any group tasks its always beneficial to be a time keeper/the person that gets people involved and makes sure everyone is included.
Make sure to pick your interview outfit and have it all ready, have snacks/food planned before you go. This takes some decision making out of the day which makes you less stressed and gives you more brain power to make decisions in the interview
If you say something always justify.

Finding questions:
I did all of my interview prep with he students applying to medicine. We did both MMI and standard interview questions. They were very similar to the ones i got in my interviews so it might be worth having a look at some of those.
There are also examples on the pinned thread i mentioned.
Have a look around some current vet med problems jsut in case you get asked. I didnt get asked about current issues but i know people who did!
I do think you can over prepare as i think you can get in your head and overthink and then panic so dont go overboard!
Reply 2

Hi,

I am also preparing for Notts and Surrey interviews, would you be up for adding each other on ig or something so we can have someone else in the same boat? I don't know anyone who is also applying to vet med so would be quite nice :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by Lilo2000
Hi,

I am also preparing for Notts and Surrey interviews, would you be up for adding each other on ig or something so we can have someone else in the same boat? I don't know anyone who is also applying to vet med so would be quite nice :smile:)

Hey, yeah I would love to, my personal is @ana.tipter on ig
Reply 4
Hey, yeah I would love to, my personal is @ana.tipter on ig

nice! I've requested to follow you ( my ig is @ amiymabbs )
Reply 5
Hi,

Hi,

I am just wondering if Nottingham has already given out interviews? I haven’t received anything yet and I’m worried if it’s because I didn’t complete the SAQ under 30 mins
Reply 6
Original post by Ellenamae
Hi,

I am just wondering if Nottingham has already given out interviews? I haven’t received anything yet and I’m worried if it’s because I didn’t complete the SAQ under 30 mins

Hiya, from all the people I've talked to none of us have gotten interviews from them :/ . I also took ages to complete the SAQ but I never considered it to be a reason as to why they wont consider me for an interview.
Reply 7
Hi,

Hiya, from all the people I've talked to none of us have gotten interviews from them :/ . I also took ages to complete the SAQ but I never considered it to be a reason as to why they wont consider me for an interview.

Hey, what I’ve heard so far is that last year interviews came out late November so it will likely be around the 25th or later. Also I’m probably wrong about the SAQ and was just getting a bit paranoid
Reply 8

Hey, what I’ve heard so far is that last year interviews came out late November so it will likely be around the 25th or later. Also I’m probably wrong about the SAQ and was just getting a bit paranoid
Ah alright thank you! Good luck to everyone then :'))

Hi, I have just booked my interview at nottingham! Would you want to message on ig?

Hi, I'm in the same situation. Would love to chat about Nottingham interviews?!?!
Has everyone heard back from Nottingham yet? I Still haven't has anything :frown:((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending