The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Scottus_Mus
We all know that we are British (most of us on here)! But what is it that makes people fulfil that typical stereotype of the Brit. Is it our charm? Maybe our charisma? Is it our eccentricity? Post you views on what you thinks makes us British other than the fact that we were born in Britain

nothing anymore, this country is going to the dogs. 1/4 of all british people migrate.
Reply 2
Sarcasm.
Reply 3
~_^

Drinking Tea in the afternoon
Reply 4
sublime_envy
nothing anymore, this country is going to the dogs. 1/4 of all british people migrate.

1/4?! Bollocks!
Reply 5
Lord Huntroyde
Bollocks!

tits and arse
Reply 6
Scottus_Mus
We all know that we are British (most of us on here)! But what is it that makes people fulfil that typical stereotype of the Brit. Is it our charm? Maybe our charisma? Is it our eccentricity? Post you views on what you thinks makes us British other than the fact that we were born in Britain

sounds like the old MTV ad about British music.
Reply 7
Let's get it on it's Angie Mar' reportin live from the streets
From Y.O. to Philly and Harlem to Q.B.
Reply 8
coming from somone that isn't british, you love shakespeare and tea, have a strange sense of humour, intelligent...that's all i can think of now.
Reply 9
red phone boxes and black taxis
Reply 10
Lager louts
Reply 11
Bad teeth
sublime_envy

If this country is going to the dogs, it is because of this kind of negative attitude.

1/4? More like 1/4000! And a high proportion of people who do leave come back. Seems like you've been watching too much of these 'Buy a house for £100,000 in Spain, without regard for the fact that the average Spanish person earns a third of what a Brit does' programmes.

What makes the Brits British? Their spirit and humour.
Reply 13
Football hooligans
Reply 14
An obsession with the weather.

Edit: Just been talking to a neighbour: a pathological obsession with the weather!
Reply 15
Useless, leeching monarchs
Nik P
Useless, leeching monarchs

They don't leech any more; they possibly contribute billions to the British economy.

Windsor Castle would be owned by a Russain now if it weren't for them.
Reply 17
Rather have an efficient Russian than a leeching ponce...
risk-is-good
They don't leech any more; they possibly contribute billions to the British economy.

Windsor Castle would be owned by a Russain now if it weren't for them.

do you always take everything so seriously? Your life must be damn monotonous

I don't watch tv
sublime_envy
do you always take everything so seriously? Your life must be damn monotonous

I don't watch tv

Does it matter?

BTW - Thanks for the MOD link; I too am a RAF wannabe, but never thought of looking at that site 'til I read your signature. Cheers.

Latest

Trending

Trending