The Student Room Group

Help Child Language Acquition English Language A level AQA

In the child language acquisition question of A level English language AQA what if their is no caregiver for the spoken CLA question what would you do
Reply 1
I’m not certain since I’m year 12 but I’d say to focus on the child’s age, environment etc instead. I think its unlikely that they would have no one else to talk to, but you could compare their language to any MKO (friend, sibling etc), and remember there’s always the written question if the spoken is bad
Original post by idkidkidkidk101
In the child language acquisition question of A level English language AQA what if their is no caregiver for the spoken CLA question what would you do

hiya lovely! if there isn't a caregiver then the question will primarily be centred around Chomsky's innateness. I'm hoping that the transcript features two people but if not, then innateness is the best shout. You can also focus on their own grammatical or phonological development. Depending on the child's environment, you can talk about stimulus.

In essence, if given that type of transcript, you're better off talking about chomsky and certain linguistic developments. It also wouldn't hurt to talk about crystal's developmental milestones and how the transcript shows the childs position within the telegraphic stage or whatever.

Hope this somewhat helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest