The Student Room Group

CAT Prep

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when interview invitations/rejections will come? Or has anyone received one already?
I think it will come quite late- interviews for classics start on the 5th I think, and they tell us up to a week before hand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Hey guys! I'm a current first year Classicist at New College & I wrote a blog post on my interview experience which you may find helpful (I applied for Classics IIA in 2014 for deferred entry) - https://apieceofviola.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/blogmas-day-nineteen-oxford-interviews/ but I also have a YouTube channel and I want to film a video within the next week talking about interviews and how to prepare with advice/tips etc. so if you have any questions whatsoever then send them my way as there will be a bunch of us from all different subjects talking about our experiences and answering questions (I hope) Good luck! xx
Original post by vi0laa
Hey guys! I'm a current first year Classicist at New College & I wrote a blog post on my interview experience which you may find helpful (I applied for Classics IIA in 2014 for deferred entry) - https://apieceofviola.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/blogmas-day-nineteen-oxford-interviews/ but I also have a YouTube channel and I want to film a video within the next week talking about interviews and how to prepare with advice/tips etc. so if you have any questions whatsoever then send them my way as there will be a bunch of us from all different subjects talking about our experiences and answering questions (I hope) Good luck! xx

Hey, thank you so much for posing here! I'm curious, since I'm applying for Classics 1, with latin and greek, do you know how my interviews would differ from yours, since you applied with neither?
Original post by Kalahari99
Does anyone know when interview invitations/rejections will come? Or has anyone received one already?

Original post by lizzie2707
I think it will come quite late- interviews for classics start on the 5th I think, and they tell us up to a week before hand...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interviews were later on last year and we received invitations on the 18th of November... so it really depends, they rarely arrive as late as they tell you it might come :tongue:
Reply 65
Hey, thank you so much for posing here! I'm curious, since I'm applying for Classics 1, with latin and greek, do you know how my interviews would differ from yours, since you applied with neither?

Hey! That's a very good question (and one I'll probably mention in the video too), but the interviews themselves do depend on the individual colleges. Which college did you apply to? I know that New College did four interviews for Classics whereas others only had two. Everyone applying for Classics I at my college had four interviews (they didn't have the one at the faculty that I did going over my CLAT) and their history and philosophy interviews were exactly the same. The literature was slightly different as they were given the texts in the language without the translation and in the college's own language interview they went over the CAT paper whereas I just had a general/personal statement interview! Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by vi0laa
one at the faculty that I did going over my CLAT

Hello! I've applied for course IIB at New College. I was wondering if you counted the interview at the faculty going over the CLAT as one of the four that you mentioned having, or if that was separate. I was also wondering how long the interviews were, as there are four of them rather than two. Thank you!!
Reply 67
Original post by cdyssey
Hello! I've applied for course IIB at New College. I was wondering if you counted the interview at the faculty going over the CLAT as one of the four that you mentioned having, or if that was separate. I was also wondering how long the interviews were, as there are four of them rather than two. Thank you!!

Hello! I'll PM you :smile:
Reply 68
Hi vi0laa, I've applied for New College Classics with Oriental Studies and was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the interview process? I didn't really realise that there would be 4...
I was also wondering, how likely is it we'll have to interview at other colleges? My bro (who's in his final year at St. John's reading classics) interviewed at 3 colleges, but is that the norm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vi0laa

Hey! What were your history and philosophy interviews like, and did you prepare for them at all? :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by MCPClark
Hi vi0laa, I've applied for New College Classics with Oriental Studies and was wondering if you could tell me a bit more about the interview process? I didn't really realise that there would be 4...

There were four at New College for Classicists the year I applied (2014) and the boys in my year now have told me that they only had three.
Reply 72
Original post by rubyrockcake
Hey! What were your history and philosophy interviews like, and did you prepare for them at all? :smile:

I wrote a blog post on all of my interviews (it's further up in the thread) and I didn't prepare for philosophy whatsoever since I had no idea I would have one lol.
Reply 73
Can you get pooled even if you're accepted by your initial college?
Reply 74
Just to say I've got an interview from New! Looking forward to hearing from everyone else when their colleges announce it!
Reply 75
I have an interview at New College!!!!! :biggrin: Hope everyone hears soon
I have one at Magdalen :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MCPClark
Just to say I've got an interview from New! Looking forward to hearing from everyone else when their colleges announce it!

Original post by cdyssey
I have an interview at New College!!!!! :biggrin: Hope everyone hears soon

I have one at Magdalen :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done to you all, that's fantastic :biggrin:
Brasenose told us we'd get our invites/rejections tomorrow so I'm nervously waiting... I'd be gutted to be rejected at this stage seeing as I got an interview last year... The wait is almost over!
I've got an interview at Queen's!
What are you all doing to prepare for interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending