The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You live in Herts and haven't realised Luton is pretty pikey/uncool?
Milton Keynes is linguistically quite interesting. But that's not cool.
Bruton, small town in deepest, darkest Somerset, 5 schools, though the town mostly populated by OAPs. There is nothing here, holidays are so boring, i wanna be back in Plymouth where there is life. For the last 5 years they have been trying to raise money to build a skate park as you can probabaly tell from the fact that they are still trying to raise the money, not many people want it.
Reply 4
NJA
I don't know what it's like to live there, but Milton Keynes used to be called the suicide capital, but it has a snowdome & I guess there's more work and less crime than Stockport, Peterlee & Scunthorpe.

Any other suggestions ?

Peterlee must take the award. Dreadful place. Luton is a very large cess pit and so is Stevenage.
Reply 5
Ancient Beast

Luton's in Beds.
Also there's Slough...
Reply 7
Ancient Beast
Also there's Slough...

And Reading.
Howard
Luton's in Beds.
Which is close to Herts. I live in Herts and it's 10 mins train to Luton (the fact that it's so close scares me :afraid:)
Reply 9
stockport, or pretty much anywhere in derbyshire, full of old biddies, hills and cream tea shops and people who say "duckie" bleuuughh
You're asking a website aimed at teenagers what's the uncoolest town in the UK?

'OMG, mine is, it's so **** and there's nothing to do and I hate my parents for making me be born here. OMG!'

There's the answer you can expect from about 80% of the posters.
corby
Weston-super-mare

Such a pathetic place they had to add "SUPER" to the name to make it sound more exciting.
Reply 13
hippieglitter
Bruton, small town in deepest, darkest Somerset, 5 schools, though the town mostly populated by OAPs. There is nothing here, holidays are so boring, i wanna be back in Plymouth where there is life.

You're ****ting me, couple of friends and I spent a bit of time in Bruton the other day (on the way to Farmfest of all things, lol). That's so weird... what are all those buildings behind the church, by the way?
Reply 14
Slough always depresses me, even the name, but it has some nice places nearby.
creak
You're ****ting me, couple of friends and I spent a bit of time in Bruton the other day (on the way to Farmfest of all things, lol). That's so weird... what are all those buildings behind the church, by the way?

Which buildings behind the church, it depends which direction your looking at the church from? Did you go to the Sun Pub by any chance best pub in Bruton, (the only good thing in Bruton) i live next door to it.
Ancient Beast
Also there's Slough...

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!

Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
Tinned minds, tinned breath.

Mess up the mess they call a town-
A house for ninety-seven down
And once a week a half a crown
For twenty years.

And get that man with double chin
Who'll always cheat and always win,
Who washes his repulsive skin
In women's tears:

And smash his desk of polished oak
And smash his hands so used to stroke
And stop his boring dirty joke
And make him yell.

But spare the bald young clerks who add
The profits of the stinking cad;
It's not their fault that they are mad,
They've tasted Hell.

It's not their fault they do not know
The birdsong from the radio,
It's not their fault they often go
To Maidenhead

And talk of sport and makes of cars
In various bogus-Tudor bars
And daren't look up and see the stars
But belch instead.

In labour-saving homes, with care
Their wives frizz out peroxide hair
And dry it in synthetic air
And paint their nails.

Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough
To get it ready for the plough.
The cabbages are coming now;
The earth exhales.

John Betjeman
Reply 17
Ancient Beast
How could I forget Luton!

quite easily!
Reply 18
hippieglitter
Which buildings behind the church, it depends which direction your looking at the church from? Did you go to the Sun Pub by any chance best pub in Bruton, (the only good thing in Bruton) i live next door to it.

Going from the road in front of the church to the right, drove down there a hundred metres or so and they were up the bank on the left, looked like abbey buildings or something, was wondering what exactly their function was though. Probably not very interesting but still!

Didn't go in any pubs but I think I recall passing that one, just had a bit of a wander really and stopped by the shop next to the petrol station to get a few supplies.
Reply 19
wow.. havn't heard of ANY of these cities

Latest

Trending

Trending