The Student Room Group

alicante nightlife

my friends and i have planned a trip to alicante for after a levels and i was just wondering abou the nightlife there!
If you're a fan of parties, Alicante is the perfect destination. The energetic scene of bars and clubs ranks high among the most exciting activities to experience in the city.
Reply 2
Original post by sshoooooooo
my friends and i have planned a trip to alicante for after a levels and i was just wondering abou the nightlife there!

Hey, I´m Spanish, and I grew up going to a small town in Alicante every summer. It´s a beautiful place, the old town is beautiful and it has an awesome nightlife. It´s also very well connected to other fun cities and towns like Murcia by Cercanías trains or Benidorm by Tram.
It´s not especially safe for Spain (lots of pickpockets and junkies, I know some people that were jumped).
Nightlife is very cheap (averaging 1,40 euros a pint and supermarket alcohol is very cheap), mostly considering what you´re paying in England for a night out. The people are mostly welcoming and fun. Also, in case you were wondering, age restrictions are usually not a problem, clubs are usually 18+ by law, but people don´t care.
It´s also one of those places where nightlife is everywhere, planning a night out is unnecessary, you can just walk out of the hotel and improvise it, and you´re gonna have a great time regardless.
Hope this helps AMA if you need it.
Reply 3
Original post by olivario
Hey, I´m Spanish, and I grew up going to a small town in Alicante every summer. It´s a beautiful place, the old town is beautiful and it has an awesome nightlife. It´s also very well connected to other fun cities and towns like Murcia by Cercanías trains or Benidorm by Tram.
It´s not especially safe for Spain (lots of pickpockets and junkies, I know some people that were jumped).
Nightlife is very cheap (averaging 1,40 euros a pint and supermarket alcohol is very cheap), mostly considering what you´re paying in England for a night out. The people are mostly welcoming and fun. Also, in case you were wondering, age restrictions are usually not a problem, clubs are usually 18+ by law, but people don´t care.
It´s also one of those places where nightlife is everywhere, planning a night out is unnecessary, you can just walk out of the hotel and improvise it, and you´re gonna have a great time regardless.

Hey there ! I completely agree with you. Two weeks ago, I had vacation in Alicante. After returning home, I'm already planning my next trip in the summer. The city impressed me with its architecture, vibrant atmosphere, and with it's awesome nightlife . The food is incredibly tasty, and the cocktails too). I already miss it !
Reply 4
Original post by Gloria1009
Hey there ! I completely agree with you. Two weeks ago, I had vacation in Alicante. After returning home, I'm already planning my next trip in the summer. The city impressed me with its architecture, vibrant atmosphere, and with it's awesome nightlife . The food is incredibly tasty, and the cocktails too). I already miss it !

ah sounds great! ty!!
Reply 5
Original post by raisunny3834
If you're a fan of parties, Alicante is the perfect destination. The energetic scene of bars and clubs ranks high among the most exciting activities to experience in the city.

great to hear!!
Reply 6

omg that's perf!!! just one mini question, do you tend to find other 18-19 year olds in the clubs etc?
Reply 7
omg that's perf!!! just one mini question, do you tend to find other 18-19 year olds in the clubs etc?

Depends on the club, most people at clubs are 20-25. But there are a lot of 18-19 year-olds at clubs (I think like 30% or so), most of the locals that age do botellón or bars. In Spanish culture, age is not that relevant, so it´s always a mix anyway. Ask the locals to see which club you might like.
I forgot to say that you´ll hear the word "guiri" a lot. This is an insult toward UK tourists, there's a stigma about UK tourists, known for being obnoxious drinkers. This´ll usually be said in a lighthearted joking manner though.

where did u book ur trip on? this place sounds fun
Reply 9
Depends on the club, most people at clubs are 20-25. But there are a lot of 18-19 year-olds at clubs (I think like 30% or so), most of the locals that age do botellón or bars. In Spanish culture, age is not that relevant, so it´s always a mix anyway. Ask the locals to see which club you might like.
I forgot to say that you´ll hear the word "guiri" a lot. This is an insult toward UK tourists, there's a stigma about UK tourists, known for being obnoxious drinkers. This´ll usually be said in a lighthearted joking manner though.

ah that sound fine, thank you so much!!!
Reply 10
Original post by blktoothfairy
where did u book ur trip on? this place sounds fun

i booked a villa on airbnb and flights with easyjet if that helps!!
i booked a villa on airbnb and flights with easyjet if that helps!!

ooh thank you! bc i wanted to know which ones were trustworthy 💓💓

Why travel to Alicante when you can stay in the UK for night life and feed our economy without the pollution of flying? We left the EU so we could look after our own economy. I’d say spend your money here.

Quick Reply

Latest