The Student Room Group

Why do 'liberals' think a totalitarian global government will work...

...when they can't even get a handle on what their own people want?

The Third Way destroyed the political spectrum, and for a rational mind it's so simple to see what happened. However, they just don't get it; they keep rationalising it and trying to reduce everything down to identity politics; either that or they reject referenda (like the EU), call for anti-democratic measures, or shame and guilt-trip everyone into self-censorship.

They don't have a clue what the people want, yet they deem global government, or even more supranationalism, will be the solution? Perhaps, as we've always suspected, they simply don't give a crap about the people.

Hillary Clinton on open borders:
“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”

The BBC on global governance:
“With politicians, businesses, NGOs, labour groups, thinkers and the young, these look like the elements that could make up a future global government. Of course, we're not at that stage and may never get there.”

Former Prime Minister David Cameron on global governance:
“The answer is not to be found in elaborate new institutions and global architecture. We have the machinery that we need already. No - what we need above all is the most precious and intangible commodity - political will. Political will to act together, and to build the consensus we need to squarely confront the problems before us so that we can return our economies to health and vigour.”

The CNN on global governance:
“We have come to realize that we need global solutions to these global problems, which can only be obtained with appropriate global governance.”
All sounds good to me. What is your objection to "global government", particularly Clinton's vision?

Forget the liberal elite not knowing what the people want - the people are too thick to know what they want themselves and too fickle.

Identity politics is retarded and the Third Way was selling the left out to capital. Clearly the solution to this is to have property tycoons put into power by a white working class identitarian movement.
Liberals do not like totalitarian governments. The term "liberal" has been hijacked by American's to mean pinkos, and the two are not the same thing.
Leftists have no minds of their own and would rather just be controlled by the government.
Original post by KingBradly
Liberals do not like totalitarian governments. The term "liberal" has been hijacked by American's to mean pinkos, and the two are not the same thing.

I only use the term 'liberal' because it's popular vernacular and because they've long since bastardised the term; liberals most certainly aren't liberal in the classical sense.
Reply 5
Original post by scrotgrot
All sounds good to me. What is your objection to "global government", particularly Clinton's vision?

Forget the liberal elite not knowing what the people want - the people are too thick to know what they want themselves and too fickle.

Identity politics is retarded and the Third Way was selling the left out to capital. Clearly the solution to this is to have property tycoons put into power by a white working class identitarian movement.

Because its a pack of lies, they want a global government for the elite and everyone else as slaves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6

Consider how many wildy different ethnicities, nations, cultures, religions etc there are in this world... Yeah, good luck finding a one-size-fits-all government that can please all of them.
Original post by Mathemagicien
Global governance sounds like a good thing to me, so long as it is Europe doing the governing :wink:

Are you afraid the high IQ Asians will realise that they are superior?
Original post by The Last Citizen
...when they can't even get a handle on what their own people want?

The Third Way destroyed the political spectrum, and for a rational mind it's so simple to see what happened. However, they just don't get it; they keep rationalising it and trying to reduce everything down to identity politics; either that or they reject referenda (like the EU), call for anti-democratic measures, or shame and guilt-trip everyone into self-censorship.

They don't have a clue what the people want, yet they deem global government, or even more supranationalism, will be the solution? Perhaps, as we've always suspected, they simply don't give a crap about the people.

Hillary Clinton on open borders:
“My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere.”

The BBC on global governance:
“With politicians, businesses, NGOs, labour groups, thinkers and the young, these look like the elements that could make up a future global government. Of course, we're not at that stage and may never get there.”

Former Prime Minister David Cameron on global governance:
“The answer is not to be found in elaborate new institutions and global architecture. We have the machinery that we need already. No - what we need above all is the most precious and intangible commodity - political will. Political will to act together, and to build the consensus we need to squarely confront the problems before us so that we can return our economies to health and vigour.”

The CNN on global governance:
“We have come to realize that we need global solutions to these global problems, which can only be obtained with appropriate global governance.”

Because 'liberals' are people too with their own political opinions and ambitions. They are members of their 'own people' just as much as non-liberals.

Do you have any specific objections to those four quotes? For example, the one from Hillary sounds very reasonable, and in many sense desireable.

So, identity politics is all right for everyone but the "white working class"?
The Left sowed the seed, now they reap the whirlwind.
Original post by Ringstone
So, identity politics is all right for everyone but the "white working class"?
The Left sowed the seed, now they reap the whirlwind.

"Identity politics is retarded"
"Identity politics is retarded"

Sorry, I thought you were being ironic.
I now realise you were merely incoherent.
Original post by Ringstone
Sorry, I thought you were being ironic.
I now realise you were merely incoherent.

Why is it incoherent? Identity politics is retarded no matter whose identity it is being exploited for political gain. I despise it as much on the left with all the brown people and women or whatever as I do on the right with the white people.
Can someone explain what's wrong with Hilary's quote? :confused:
Nationalism is cancer. Globalisation is the way forward, not protectionism. Working together as a collective to solve problems, world peace, I mean what is there to lose? The illusion of sovereignty??? Just need an European Federation then the next step would be a global federation.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending