The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Senior status law degree with 2:2

Hey guys, I am in my final year at SOAS, studying politics and international relations. Last year I really ****ed up and got a 58.5% grade average.
I suffer from clinical depression and had a lot of financial commitments keep me from studying.
Now I'm looking at their senior status law degree program and wondering if I should try applying? Or will I be rejected straight away because of this **** grade average?
I currently work for a legal advisory clinic and have other law-related experience to prove I'm genuinely interested.
Original post by LetsRazzMaTazz
Hey guys, I am in my final year at SOAS, studying politics and international relations. Last year I really ****ed up and got a 58.5% grade average.
I suffer from clinical depression and had a lot of financial commitments keep me from studying.
Now I'm looking at their senior status law degree program and wondering if I should try applying? Or will I be rejected straight away because of this **** grade average?
I currently work for a legal advisory clinic and have other law-related experience to prove I'm genuinely interested.

What does it say on their website as min criteria?
Why not talk to them directly as you are there?
Uoi have nothing to lose.
If you cna afford it, then I doubt they will care, especially if you back things up woth ebidence. You havent finished yet, though.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by 999tigger
What does it say on their website as min criteria?
Why not talk to them directly as you are there?
Uoi have nothing to lose.
If you cna afford it, then I doubt they will care, especially if you back things up woth ebidence. You havent finished yet, though.

They said on their website their main criteria is at least 2:1 grade average so i may be screwed. Just hoping that my borderline grade, the fact I haven't finished yet and evidence will be enough. I contacted them but they won't get back to me until Monday I don't think.
The applicants to acceptance rate ratio is 120:40 makes me so anxious :/ thanks for responding x
Original post by LetsRazzMaTazz
They said on their website their main criteria is at least 2:1 grade average so i may be screwed. Just hoping that my borderline grade, the fact I haven't finished yet and evidence will be enough. I contacted them but they won't get back to me until Monday I don't think.
The applicants to acceptance rate ratio is 120:40 makes me so anxious :/ thanks for responding x

You have the advantage that you are there. I'd have visited them in person for an informal chat. Dont forget people could be applying elsewhere as well so the ratio needs to eb taken with a pinch of salt.

You can get help on here with your personal statement. Your motivation needs to be good and distinctive imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending