The Student Room Group

Oxford vs Cambridge Law

I'm thinking about applying as a Senior Status student for Law to either Oxford or Cambridge for 2025 entry. It seems that the Cambridge course is slightly more flexible compared to the Oxford Jurisprudence course. I know a lot more people at Oxford and my lawyer friends there say that the course is tougher at Oxford especially for Senior Status because of first-year compulsory modules at Oxford?

So far, I'm leaning more to Cambridge on the academic structure/content of the Law degree but I'm more familiar to Oxford (having lived there) and I do like the place more than Cambridge.

I'd really appreciate any insights from current Oxbridge law students or graduates who would share their thoughts on their respective law course structure + any clear pros & cons?

Many thanks in advance!
Original post by Godwinson
I'm thinking about applying as a Senior Status student for Law to either Oxford or Cambridge for 2025 entry. It seems that the Cambridge course is slightly more flexible compared to the Oxford Jurisprudence course. I know a lot more people at Oxford and my lawyer friends there say that the course is tougher at Oxford especially for Senior Status because of first-year compulsory modules at Oxford?

So far, I'm leaning more to Cambridge on the academic structure/content of the Law degree but I'm more familiar to Oxford (having lived there) and I do like the place more than Cambridge.

I'd really appreciate any insights from current Oxbridge law students or graduates who would share their thoughts on their respective law course structure + any clear pros & cons?

Many thanks in advance!

Look at the course modules, and decide which one you like better. Why oxbridge? Why not other uni’s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending