The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

about Nixon Court.

I'm a first year, and i've been placed in a single room in Block C of Nixon court. I was just wondering if anybody has any pictures of the rooms besides the ones on the Leicester's accomodation webpage. Or could somebody describe how the rooms are set out. Is there only one bathroom for everybody living in each flat?

thank you.

Scroll to see replies

i dont have any photos im afraid but i know that it is 2 bathrooms between each flat. There is also a big kitchen with a nice seating area in them. the room are quite a good size from what i can remember of seeing one. plus you are only a short walk away from uni not having to bother with the buses from oadby everyday.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
elyse180887
i dont have any photos im afraid but i know that it is 2 bathrooms between each flat. There is also a big kitchen with a nice seating area in them. the room are quite a good size from what i can remember of seeing one. plus you are only a short walk away from uni not having to bother with the buses from oadby everyday.

It Sounds Nice. Thank you. :smile:
Reply 3
SUPERB.
I'm a first year, and i've been placed in a single room in Block C of Nixon court. I was just wondering if anybody has any pictures of the rooms besides the ones on the Leicester's accomodation webpage. Or could somebody describe how the rooms are set out. Is there only one bathroom for everybody living in each flat?

thank you.

hey, av just bin put in block c as well...
And i av no idea bout anythin!
Reply 4
are any of you lot in nixon court block c next yr??
adam_17
are any of you lot in nixon court block c next yr??

Did you even read their posts? :s-smilie:

Putting 'Nixon court block c' into the search on facebook brought up a few groups and some pics. There are some more so if you want to see the rest of what the flats like just have a lookie on there:smile:

Reply 6
louisedotcom
Did you even read their posts? :s-smilie:

Putting 'Nixon court block c' into the search on facebook brought up a few groups and some pics. There are some more so if you want to see the rest of what the flats like just have a lookie on there:smile:

yes i did but clearly you didnt.

their posts are from september 2006 and this term it will be september/october 2007 so i was asking if there next year

just because someone says that they are thinking of staying there for 2007/2008 doesnt mean (a) that they have decided to stay there in 2007/2008 or (b) that they are staying there in 2008/2009

Actually facts show that the high majority of people go into their own housing (which isnt nixon) or other uni accomodation (other than nixon)

Plus they've stayed their for a year or decided that the place is **** 1
year ago so your pics arent gunna help them

maybe YOU should read their posts and get your facts right before you moan at other people
adam_17
yes i did but clearly you didnt.

their posts are from september 2006 and this term it will be september/october 2007 so i was asking if there next year

just because someone says that they are thinking of staying there for 2007/2008 doesnt mean (a) that they have decided to stay there in 2007/2008 or (b) that they are staying there in 2008/2009

Actually facts show that the high majority of people go into their own housing (which isnt nixon) or other uni accomodation (other than nixon)

Plus they've stayed their for a year or decided that the place is **** 1
year ago so your pics arent gunna help them

maybe YOU should read their posts and get your facts right before you moan at other people

Lol calm down I read the posts just not the times and dates. Thats what you when people bring back up really old threads, it happens, sorry. The same way that people make typos (ie you writing 2006 initially) No need to have such a bad, defensive attitude about it.
Reply 8
I was in Nixon Court (Block D) this year (as a 2nd year) so if you have any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll try answer them. Sorry but I don't think I have any photos of my room
Reply 9
louisedotcom
Lol calm down I read the posts just not the times and dates. Thats what you when people bring back up really old threads, it happens, sorry. The same way that people make typos (ie you writing 2006 initially) No need to have such a bad, defensive attitude about it.

ok no problem - the way you wrote the bit to me seamed a bit OTT nasty, hense the defensive reply
Reply 10
ive just done my first yr at leicester and i was originally in beaumont but moved to nixon asap.....the rooms are all uniform so no one has a bigger/smaller room which isnt the case in oadby which is a bit unfiar i thought! depending on how many ppl r in ur flat the number of bathrooms/toilets change i was in a 6 bed flat in D block n we had 2 showers n 2 toilets and i never had a problem n they were reallly clean :biggrin: and finally its sooo close to uni that u can get to a 9 o clock lect in 5 mins!
denula
ive just done my first yr at leicester and i was originally in beaumont but moved to nixon asap.....the rooms are all uniform so no one has a bigger/smaller room which isnt the case in oadby which is a bit unfiar i thought! depending on how many ppl r in ur flat the number of bathrooms/toilets change i was in a 6 bed flat in D block n we had 2 showers n 2 toilets and i never had a problem n they were reallly clean :biggrin: and finally its sooo close to uni that u can get to a 9 o clock lect in 5 mins!

Are flats in Nixon mixed sex?
thomasdelonge2008

Yes. Generally.
Reply 13
thomasdelonge2008

It depends I was in an all girls flat. Depends what people put on the form
Reply 14
i was in single sex but there a lot of mixed usually the bigger 10 flats are mixed.
Reply 15
I jus got placed in C block as well at Nixon im lukin fwd to it now :biggrin: Im a first year as well.
Reply 16
im stayin nixon court block C as well.. 7th floor
Reply 17
anyone on the fourth floor?
Reply 18
wtf.. i swear looking at facebook etc theres barely any first yrs who actually stay here?
Reply 19
apparantely its mainly for 2nd and 3rd years, and the rest are international/mature students. it sucks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending