The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (7042/2A to 2T) 9 June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level History Paper 2 exam go today?

AQA A Level History Paper 2 (7042/2A to 2T) - 9th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th June 2023/ PM
Length: 2h 30m

Resources
AQA A Level History

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any tips for the essays? I can never get higher than like half marks
Original post by petcolchester
Does anyone have any tips for the essays? I can never get higher than like half marks

Hi! What has been the feedback from your teachers so far? And what topics have you covered?
Reply 3
I'm taking components 1L and 2D

I'm struggling with my revision of component 2D (Religious conflict and the Church in England, c1529–c1570).

My source questions are strong, and on average I score 22/30, however, my 25m essays aren't great and I need to work on my knowledge more.

I'm aiming for an A and I'm struggling to structure my revision for this component specifically. If anyone doing this component has any useful revision material/sources I'd appreciate it if you shared them.

Also, any tips on how to score high on the component 1L Germany paper would be helpful too

Thanks!
Reply 4
hi does anyone also doing option S (The Making of Modern Britain) have any predictions for our exam questions?
Reply 5
Original post by phiouebe
hi does anyone also doing option S (The Making of Modern Britain) have any predictions for our exam questions?

Hi! I do Britain too. Honestly there’s that much content anything could come up. I do feel 1970-1979 is likely to come up as it was removed from the advanced info last year. Also foreign policy never came up last year. But honestly no idea haha.
How is your revision going? I’ve made all my flashcards for Britain but I haven’t memorised anything yet because I’m focusing on Paper 1 (I do tsarist and communist Russia). Gonna try and start after next week
Heya! Anyone doing Weimar and Nazi Germany? Option 2C? If so, any predictions for what the questions are going to be?
Reply 7
Original post by mollyg01
Hi! I do Britain too. Honestly there’s that much content anything could come up. I do feel 1970-1979 is likely to come up as it was removed from the advanced info last year. Also foreign policy never came up last year. But honestly no idea haha.
How is your revision going? I’ve made all my flashcards for Britain but I haven’t memorised anything yet because I’m focusing on Paper 1 (I do tsarist and communist Russia). Gonna try and start after next week

hi! i was thinking it would be something between 1970-1979 maybe on youth culture and environmentalism? there's never been a source at a level on the sixties even though it was covered last year so that's a possibility, and for the other essays i wonder if they'll do something about the Falklands or maybe Northern Ireland. i'm focusing on russia too and hoping that i'll be able to refresh britain over half term but there's so much to cover with the detail which is making me more nervous about it :/
Reply 8
Original post by amo3bafa1rie
hi! i was thinking it would be something between 1970-1979 maybe on youth culture and environmentalism? there's never been a source at a level on the sixties even though it was covered last year so that's a possibility, and for the other essays i wonder if they'll do something about the Falklands or maybe Northern Ireland. i'm focusing on russia too and hoping that i'll be able to refresh britain over half term but there's so much to cover with the detail which is making me more nervous about it :/

Very interesting! I really hope it’s not on environmentalism on its own because there’s not a lot to say about it. Yeah they’ve only ever asked about NI once for the Good Friday Agreement so maybe they might go back to Heath and Sunningdale.
Just a thought I had. This year is 20 years since the Iraq War so they might include it? An Iraq War source was on the specimen exam and they have asked about Blair’s foreign policy before but you never know.

I’m soo nervous too. I’m gonna start doing some light Britain revision now because there’s 2 weeks between the Russia and Britain exams and that isn’t enough to learn Britain for me.
Have you seen Learning Academy’s videos on YouTube? I watch them before I go to bed they’re good refreshers on the topics
Reply 9
does anyone do Birth of the USA?
Hi, is anyone doing American Dream? any predictions, my teacher says probably an extract on Eisenhower or Truman as the past few years have mainly focused on y13 content.
Reply 11
Does anyone have any predictions for 2N Russia? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by izzyisnotokay
Heya! Anyone doing Weimar and Nazi Germany? Option 2C? If so, any predictions for what the questions are going to be?

Hi Izzy, Im doing both tudors and nazi germany
Reply 13
Original post by saskia.jpg
does anyone do Birth of the USA?

Yh, I do Birth of the USA. What are your predictions for the questions?
Reply 14
anyone doing Wars of the rose? how is everyone fitting in revision?
Hiya! Anyone doing Transformation to China? (Option 2P)
Reply 16
1774-1776 was completely omitted from the 2022 Advanced Info last year so i'm hoping that will come up! I have a feeling that something about the Stamp Act might come up too...

What do you think?
Original post by NathOlaj
Yh, I do Birth of the USA. What are your predictions for the questions?
Reply 17
Hello! For anyone doing component 2D (religious conflict and the church in England, c1529–c1570) does anyone have predictions or ideas of what might come up for the sources/ essays. Anything at all would be super helpful!! <33
Reply 18
Original post by meganp3648
Does anyone have any predictions for 2N Russia? :smile:

my class were thinking that bolshevik consolidation of power might one of the essay qs and maybe stalin's rise to power or stalinism politics and control for the sources? not rlly sure tho!
Reply 19
is anyone doing 2K international relations and global conflict? i think its an uncommon one so not sure if anyone has any predictions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending