The Student Room Group

Farmfoods Online Application (Questionnaire)

Usually my application is unsuccessful upon answering these types of Questionnaires (Asda, tesco etc) so I need your help to make sure I have the best answers. I live a 5 minute walking distance, and really need the job! (I know some are obvious than others!)

To give us a better understanding on how you work, please answer the questions below:

* You are serving at the checkout, there are no customers waiting to be served. You see a customer struggling to pack their shopping at the next checkout. What would you do?

A) Leave your checkout and help the customer to pack their shopping.
B) Find another team member to help the customer.
C) Find another job to do whilst there is no one needing to be served.

* Your shift has come to an end, but you are still busy serving a queue of 3 customers. Do you?

A) Ask one of your team members to take over from you.
B) Politely inform the customers that you are finished and ask them to use another checkout.
C) Stay on the checkout until the customers have been served.

* You have just returned from your lunch and are about to start filling up the milk as there are only a few cartons left on sale. A customer approaches and complains that they bought a bag of potatoes that were mouldy. Do you?

A) Explain to the customer that it is really important that you fill up the milk and ask her to wait until you are finished when you will deal with her complaint.
B) Ask the customer if they wouldn’t mind speaking to the manager instead as you are busy.
C) Stop what you are doing and listen carefully to the customer’s complaint.

* You work in a busy Farmfoods branch and there is always something to be done. You notice that another member of the team is often in the back of the store chatting and not doing any work, this frustrates you, especially when you need help at the checkout. How would you resolve this?

A) Speak to other members of your team about it to find out if they feel the same as you.
B) Confront the team member and tell them that they need to start pulling their weight.
C) Discuss your concerns with your manager in private.

* A customer asks about a product they cannot find in your branch and you know this product has been discontinued. Do you?

A) Inform the customer that it is no longer a product that is stocked but they could speak to your manager if they wanted to complain about it.
B) Explain the situation to the customer and recommend a similar product as an alternative.
C) Tell the customer to try another store as they might have it.

* Please tell us which of these two sentences best describes you:
A) I am always happy to speak to anyone
B) I normally wait for people to start talking to me.

A) At times I get frustrated, particularly if people are rude to me
B) It takes a lot to annoy me

A) It is important to speak your mind all of the time
B) Sometimes things are better left unsaid
To give us a better understanding on how you work, please answer the questions below:

* You are serving at the checkout, there are no customers waiting to be served. You see a customer struggling to pack their shopping at the next checkout. What would you do?

A) Leave your checkout and help the customer to pack their shopping.

* Your shift has come to an end, but you are still busy serving a queue of 3 customers. Do you?

C) Stay on the checkout until the customers have been served.

* You have just returned from your lunch and are about to start filling up the milk as there are only a few cartons left on sale. A customer approaches and complains that they bought a bag of potatoes that were mouldy. Do you?

C) Stop what you are doing and listen carefully to the customer’s complaint.

* You work in a busy Farmfoods branch and there is always something to be done. You notice that another member of the team is often in the back of the store chatting and not doing any work, this frustrates you, especially when you need help at the checkout. How would you resolve this?

B) Confront the team member and tell them that they need to start pulling their weight.

* A customer asks about a product they cannot find in your branch and you know this product has been discontinued. Do you?

B) Explain the situation to the customer and recommend a similar product as an alternative.

A) I am always happy to speak to anyone

B) It takes a lot to annoy me

B) Sometimes things are better left unsaid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Thank you!
Original post by jocoven
Thank you!

You're welcome :smile: