The Student Room Group

Research project

Any tips on where to send out questionnaires for my research project somewhere ethical and permissible? Online ideas too please
Reply 1
Your university / supervisor will be able to provide you with guidelines on this. In fact, I would be surprised if you didn't have to obtain ethical approval before sending out your questionnaire.
Reply 2
Original post by cheadle
Your university / supervisor will be able to provide you with guidelines on this. In fact, I would be surprised if you didn't have to obtain ethical approval before sending out your questionnaire.
we do an ethics form but we aren't told how to do the questionnaire's. I did suggest sending it to schools but i'd rather ask people out in public to complete them if they fit my particpant requirements
Reply 3
Ok, fair enough.
So if you've done an ethics form you should have decided whether the questionnaire is completed anonymously or not, how informed consent will be obtained, and how any personal data collected (if relevant), such as email adresses, names, etc will be stored securely?
Is your subject matter controversial or "sensitive" in any way?
Reply 4
Original post by cheadle
Ok, fair enough.
So if you've done an ethics form you should have decided whether the questionnaire is completed anonymously or not, how informed consent will be obtained, and how any personal data collected (if relevant), such as email adresses, names, etc will be stored securely?
Is your subject matter controversial or "sensitive" in any way?

Yeah i did submit my ethics form i said id send out my questionnaires to teachers and schools but im not getting good responses. do i need to tell my supervisor if i decide on joining facebook survey groups for people to complete them like that
Reply 5
Yes I would - there are different considerations when done via social media.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending