The Student Room Group

GCSE Welsh group speaking

Hey, hi, hello. I know I should've revised long, long ago for this but I have a the Unit 3 part of my Welsh exam the coming Tuesday and I haven't. Although I've achieved an A* overall for my unit 1 + 2, I'm awful at Welsh. However, I would really like to keep this grade, meaning I'll need another A* in this part as I'm only on the boundary right now. I really haven't done myself any favours, I know, but can anyone suggest what I should do? Any tips or sentence structures I ought to learn or at least try and learn?

The topics I've been told to revise are hobbies/leisure time, healthy eating, smoking, alcohol and TV. The exam summary is "discussion of reading materials as stimulus for oral examination" and we have to keep talking for 10 minutes. The mark is out of 50 and 45 is needed for the A*.

Also, added bonus, I'm away on DofE this weekend. The school has said I'll be back by 5pm on Sunday but I don't know how accurate this is. Basically, I've only got Monday to revise. What on earth do I do, pleaaaasee help.
I'm doing the exam on Tuesday morning as well.
I feel quite relaxed about it, because speaking Welsh has just become natural to me; therefore, it's important that you know all the tenses fluently.
Also, make sure you include all tenses and idioms (etc). I'd advise you to try and speak for a little longer than 10 minutes, probably around 15-20 as then you can discuss lots of the content and hopefully get higher marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got mine tomorrow and i'm so nervous!
Reply 4
Thanks for all the help/encouragement people <3

I stayed at home on Monday after DofE and managed to get some revision done though not nearly enough.

However, the exam today went amazing. My teacher helped us loads and even wrote down some things for us to say. I know we're only meant to have like 15 minutes to prepare but we had like 30/40 minutes to do it.

She said she would have to look over it again to make sure but she was fairly certain that me and my partner had both gotten A*s (: LITERALLY OVER THE MOON OMFG
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by a.mandie
Thanks for all the help/encouragement people <3

I stayed at home on Monday after DofE and managed to get some revision done though not nearly enough.

However, the exam today went amazing. My teacher helped us loads and even wrote down some things for us to say. I know we're only meant to have like 15 minutes to prepare but we had like 30/40 minutes to do it.

She said she would have to look over it again to make sure but she was fairly certain that me and my partner had both gotten A*s (: LITERALLY OVER THE MOON OMFG

wow that's amazing! What topic did you do??
mine didn't go too well because my partner read my lines haha! But i saw my teacher and she said definite A with the chance of an A* so i'm so chuffed!!
Noswaith dda. Sut ydych chi gyd?
Yeah I'm pretty sure I got an A* too - I did Dydd Sadwrn!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest