The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 law predictions 2017 ????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chichaldo
Did anyone do scenario 1? Aha

Felt it went well but I was put s.18 for the the violent whacking over the head with a heavy branch (I guess the 'violently' and 'heavy' mislead me aha).
Was worried that I was meant to talk about murder in Q2 instead of doing gross negligence and unlawful act manslaughter.

The words violently and heavy are to do with the men's rea. For that part you should of talked about S47/S20 due to the swelling and the daze.

But you answered Q2 right. You should not have mentioned murder. It was UAM + Automatism and GNM
Original post by CatusStarbright
I did scenario 2 as well.
Grace - s20 (wounding), insanity and transferred malice
Isla - ABH based on assault

Jamie - murder with diminished responsibility including issue of alcohol (likely to succeed) and loss of control (unlikely to succeed).

I also did insanity and consent for the evaluation.

1. They made it ambiguous as to the extent of the cut, I've been taught minor cuts and bruises are S47. So i said it was that, becasue it never stated she was bleeding, or had a deep cut

2. Im worried now, as i didnt talk about LOC or DR. i only mentionned voluntary intoxication/dutch courage. do you think this would also be allowed ?
Original post by lolking70
1. They made it ambiguous as to the extent of the cut, I've been taught minor cuts and bruises are S47. So i said it was that, becasue it never stated she was bleeding, or had a deep cut

2. Im worried now, as i didnt talk about LOC or DR. i only mentionned voluntary intoxication/dutch courage. do you think this would also be allowed ?

Yeah, intoxication is certainly relevant - the Majewski rule, Gallagher, Kingston (maybe?) etc. It may not get you as many marks as using the partial defences to murder though.
Yeah, intoxication is certainly relevant - the Majewski rule, Gallagher, Kingston (maybe?) etc. It may not get you as many marks as using the partial defences to murder though.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/sample-papers-and-mark-schemes/2016/june/AQA-LAW03-W-MS-JUN16.PDF

Question 2 Part B, similarly to today; there's 3 possible defences to murder. it says you only need to discuss one. So that may be good news...
I only mentioned loss of control and intoxication,am I only limited to a certain amount of marks because of this?

What were we meant to include about the sleeping girl? I wasn't sure
Original post by mrbr2671999
The words violently and heavy are to do with the men's rea. For that part you should of talked about S47/S20 due to the swelling and the daze.

But you answered Q2 right. You should not have mentioned murder. It was UAM + Automatism and GNM

Shh shh I am trying to convince myself I wasn't so badly wrong so I don't fret about my result. xD
Original post by tsrolivia
I only mentioned loss of control and intoxication,am I only limited to a certain amount of marks because of this?

Possibly not, since you mentioned two defences. I honestly don't know for sure, ask your teacher what he/she thinks?
What concept essays do we think will come up? I am learning morals, justice and balancing.

Morals looks unlikely as it has came up 4 times, the latest being last year.
Justice has came up 4 times, didn't come up last year though.
Balancing has only came up 3 times, but the latest was last year also.

I would be happy with justice or balancing. :P
a few Qs about Unit 4

1. For Robbery, would i need to go through and discuss the AR of theft, before talking about the force and stuff

2. for aggravated CD, do i need to talk about the AR of basic CD

3. What concepts are likely to come up? I'm gonna revise justice and morals. is this too risky?
How did people find the unit 3 exam yesterday?

What are people focusing on for the concepts question in unit 4? I'm tempted just to focus on Law and Justice and Fault... but I'm also terrified that i will be really unfortunate and those will be the two that dont come up. What is everyone else doing?
Original post by lolking70
a few Qs about Unit 4

1. For Robbery, would i need to go through and discuss the AR of theft, before talking about the force and stuff

2. for aggravated CD, do i need to talk about the AR of basic CD

3. What concepts are likely to come up? I'm gonna revise justice and morals. is this too risky?

1. For robbery i would probably discuss the actus reus of theft just to be on the safe side. (but thats just me)

3. Im revising fault and justice and possibly judicial creativity. Still not sure whether to gamble and revise judicial creativity or not.
Original post by sara.haah
1. For robbery i would probably discuss the actus reus of theft just to be on the safe side. (but thats just me)

3. Im revising fault and justice and possibly judicial creativity. Still not sure whether to gamble and revise judicial creativity or not.

noo, judicial creativity would be worse gamble i think, come too often lately
How did people find the unit 3 exam yesterday?

What are people focusing on for the concepts question in unit 4? I'm tempted just to focus on Law and Justice and Fault... but I'm also terrified that i will be really unfortunate and those will be the two that dont come up. What is everyone else doing?

Justice and Fault are looking likely to come up - we'd be incredibly unlucky to have an exam where neither of these appear.
Reply 74
Justice and Fault are looking likely to come up - we'd be incredibly unlucky to have an exam where neither of these appear.

I'm risking it and only learning justice because I feel certain that will come up come considering it didn't come up last year
Reply 75

personally I wouldn't revise judicial creativity considering its come up last year and the year the both they haven't Ever done a concept that's come up three times in a row so it's unlikely that will come up
Original post by snk98
personally I wouldn't revise judicial creativity considering its come up last year and the year the both they haven't Ever done a concept that's come up three times in a row so it's unlikely that will come up

I'm so glad - I'm not a massive fan of creativity.
Reply 77
I'm so glad - I'm not a massive fan of creativity.

ahh really? I got taught justice,law and morals and kinda fault I'm confident with justice so I'm defo praying that that comes up I will literally cry if it doesn't come up
Original post by snk98
ahh really? I got taught justice,law and morals and kinda fault I'm confident with justice so I'm defo praying that that comes up I will literally cry if it doesn't come up

We've done Justice, Fault and Creativity. Fault is a gift, as you don't have to remember anything more for it - it's just what you've been learning about for two years!
Reply 79
i can give you my essay if you want? been marked by my teacher and i got 32/35
Original post by snk98
my teacher didn't even teach us fault he said "uve basically been doing it all year without realising here's the handout" ._. so I literally don't know anything about fault

Quick Reply

Latest