The Student Room Group

Primark Sizing

Can someone explain Primark's sizing. I bought jogger that were around 32" and so I decided to buy jeans that size as well. The jeans are way too big length wise?
Reply 1
Original post by AS02x
Can someone explain Primark's sizing. I bought jogger that were around 32" and so I decided to buy jeans that size as well. The jeans are way too big length wise?

32" refers to your waist size (how wide it is) in inches - often primark sizes differ between clothes based upon what customers say when shopping at primark

might also be written as W32

sometimes jeans also have a sexcondary measurement of L32 for instance which refers to leg length (how long it is)
Original post by mao94
32" refers to your waist size (how wide it is) in inches - often primark sizes differ between clothes based upon what customers say when shopping at primark

might also be written as W32

sometimes jeans also have a sexcondary measurement of L32 for instance which refers to leg length (how long it is)

No it was the length that was 32". Also when I measured my jeans the length came to around 44" which was weird.
yeh 32" L is rather big haha, Primark haven't got it wrong, you have.

typically an average sized length of trousers is 30", 28" L is usually what I get with 32" W
Original post by AS02x

Primark sizing isn't great; I know that their sizes can be a bit off and can vary depending on the garment.

In regards to the jeans, did you get 32" length or 32" waist? Jeans or trousers have two different measurements, the length and the waist.

It should say (for example) 32W 32L, which would mean 32" waist and 32" length.

Alternatively, it might say 32S, 32R or 32L. In which case, it is either short, regular or long (short = 29-30", reg = 31-32", long = 33-34").

Hope that helps!
Depends how tall you are. I'm 5ft and 28" jeans from Primark are perfect on me. Size wise, I find Primark to be too big. In other shops I could be a 10 on bottom, but in Primark I could squeeze into a 6.
Original post by spotify95
Primark sizing isn't great; I know that their sizes can be a bit off and can vary depending on the garment.

In regards to the jeans, did you get 32" length or 32" waist? Jeans or trousers have two different measurements, the length and the waist.

It should say (for example) 32W 32L, which would mean 32" waist and 32" length.

Alternatively, it might say 32S, 32R or 32L. In which case, it is either short, regular or long (short = 29-30", reg = 31-32", long = 33-34":wink:.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! It said the leg is 34". My legs are around 33" but these are wayyyy to big for me. Is it possible that they've mis-labelled?
Original post by AS02x
Thank you! It said the leg is 34". My legs are around 33" but these are wayyyy to big for me. Is it possible that they've mis-labelled?

Usually a 34" leg is the longest leg that they do on most jeans/trousers etc. However, seeing as though Primark sizing can be so varied between different items, it may be that they have accidentally made them too long.

You might be best off trying to see if you can get them exchanged for a shorter leg length, if you have the receipt. Otherwise you'll have to get them shortened to your leg size.
Original post by loooopppyyy
yeh 32" L is rather big haha, Primark haven't got it wrong, you have.

typically an average sized length of trousers is 30", 28" L is usually what I get with 32" W

doesn't it depend on your height? 30" is too short for me, it sits like 2 inches above my ankles
Reply 9
I would advise buying a size bigger than what you would usually go for as i find that their clothes shrink quiet a bit in the wash. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest