The Student Room Group

ahhhh presentations

ive just looked at my course details in the uni prospectus and it says as part of the assesment u may have to do presentations :eek:
i hate the things i go dizzy at the thought of them and have even fainted in college before giving 1 (it might not have been the presentation i dunno) but its making me think twice about going to university :frown: (i even have a fear of fainting in lectures)

is any1 else like this?
Reply 1
alio
ive just looked at my course details in the uni prospectus and it says as part of the assesment u may have to do presentations :eek:
i hate the things i go dizzy at the thought of them and have even fainted in college before giving 1 (it might have been the presentation i dunno) but its making me think twice about going to university :frown: (i even have a fear of fainting in lectures)

is any1 else like this?

aww.

why - because you're nervous?
Reply 2
Tinykates
aww.

why - because you're nervous?

hell yeah (omg i sound like a lad :biggrin: )
Reply 3
All I ever do is sodding pressentations, however you are expected to this in job interviews now and because I have had a lot of practise at university they are a doddle.
I'm the opposite, I love presentations - I can talk for England :tongue: I just hate essay writing and I'm going to be doing an English degree!

Sorry realised I haven't helped you the slightest. :rolleyes:
Reply 5
amazingtrade
All I ever do is sodding pressentations, however you are expected to this in job interviews now and because I have had a lot of practise at university they are a doddle.

do you do them in front of a big lecture class or small group? guess its something ppl just have to cope with :frown: how long do they have to be ie 10 mins?
Reply 6
i used to hate them and i was really quiet when i started college, but then did loads in my lessons (one of my teachers loved powerpoint) and because i was nervous i put a lot of work into making sure they were clear and accuarte and i knew exactly what i was doing. i still don't like doing them, but i can do pretty decent ones and i'm much confident. it's pretrifying at first, but practise does make perfect.

lou xxx
Reply 7
alio
do you do them in front of a big lecture class or small group? guess its something ppl just have to cope with :frown: how long do they have to be ie 10 mins?

Luckily they are usualy just with a small group, the most I have ever had to one in front of is 35. The worst thing is when you have twatty heads of schools trying to ask you trick questions all the time. They usualy have the DR suffix before their name too. TWATS!
Reply 8
lou p
i used to hate them and i was really quiet when i started college, but then did loads in my lessons (one of my teachers loved powerpoint) and because i was nervous i put a lot of work into making sure they were clear and accuarte and i knew exactly what i was doing. i still don't like doing them, but i can do pretty decent ones and i'm much confident. it's pretrifying at first, but practise does make perfect.

lou xxx

im glad uve become more confident :smile: i avoided most presentations in college lol so haven't had much practice. there were some ppl though who prepared like they were giving a speech on TV whereas some lads i know totally forgot they had a presentation :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending